We are currently seeking aProject Engineer IIor III to join ourTransportation groupin either our Washington, DC or our Ashburn, VA office location. We offer flexibility to work partially in the office as well as remotely.Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
QualificationsSkills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelors or master's degree in civil engineering or closely related field.
- Ideal candidates would have at least two years of experience in transportation civil engineering related to roadway design
- Microstation GEOPAK proficiency is essential
- AutoCAD Civil 3Dproficiencyis a plus
- VDOT experience preferred
- EIT preferred