As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be a core member of the data engineering team: developing, managing, and monitoring meta data driven, big data platforms, processing data extracts and providing transformation products. You will work with a team of passionate, experienced, nimble, and goal-oriented engineers that are solving complex problems for providing marketing focused data to customers. You will embrace change, and rapidly build, test, and scale solutions that drive incremental business value for our customers and partners.
- Develop and test data related solutions that perform data cleansing, transformations, aggregations, and extraction, using Python, Airflow, and Snowflake
- Based on requirements, design solutions that are performant, leveraging the benefits of Python for business logic and Snowflake for processing big data
- Manipulate, analyze, standardize, classify, organize, and manage data from different sources
- Develop reports, analyze data, and summarize findings for internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret data trends and patterns
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Evaluate and improve internal tools and processes, including exploring new tools
- Create and automate data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL, relational databases, and data warehouses
- 4+ years’ experience with Python
- 2+ years’ experience with Snowflake
- Must have experience in cloud base technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Must have experience working in Agile teams and CI/CD environments
- Experience with Bash or similar scripting
- Experience with Linux; experience with Windows is desired
- Experience with Jenkins, Airflow, or other orchestration tools
- Experience with code repositories such as Git, Bitbucket, Github, etc.
- Some experience in Tableau is a plus
- Able to collaborate across organizations with all levels of leadership to evaluate and resolve issues
- Able to communicate well, documenting designs and processes as needed
- Able to learn new emerging technologies quickly and apply innovative ideas to resolve problems
- Able to investigate and determine solutions to solve complex problems
- Able to develop, test, and deploy data solutions
- Able to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language
- Able to script and perform refactoring
- Able to manage frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI/CD principles)
- Able to automate processes using automation tools and best practices
- Able to manage big data and data that scales
- Able to focus on results and business outcomes
Merkle/Dentsu offers a full and robust benefits package to include but not limited to; Health, dental and vision insurance options, plus the ability to elect ancillary benefits (such as pet insurance at a discounted rate), FlexPTO,19 paid holidays for 2022,401K match (50% of up to 6% of your salary), paid maternity &paternity and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merklefosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers.We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.