The Service Technician is responsible for various hands-on maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community, diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, flooring, carpentry, drywall, exterior structure, and appliances. The Service Technician handles resident service requests, completes improvements of vacant apartment homes to ensure they are returned to a market-ready status, and maintains a clean and safe community as per Morguard’s curb appeal standards.Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as preventative maintenance on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment tools, and other items from the property’s maintenance department by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor/community manager about re-ordering needs.
- Assists in maintenance the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways, and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Supports Morguard’s Preventative Maintenance efforts by participating in the quarterly preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to accommodate a rotating after hours emergency on-call schedule per Morguard’s Emergency On-Call Guidelines.
- A minimum of 2 years of residential maintenance experience including work orders and make ready turns.
- Basic to moderate electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repairs and general maintenance skills.
- EPA Universal is required
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Drug test, credit / criminal background check and reliable transportation required.
Additional InformationWhy you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.