Job DescriptionYour day to day
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner. As a Front End Developer, your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
· Collaborate closely with our designers to develop in-browser prototypes, living style-guides, pattern libraries and re-usable UI components.
· Work closely with our in-house QA team to marry unit tests with rigorous end-to-end testing to ensure applications function as expected.
· Drive the team with specification workshops, writing acceptance criteria, story estimation, documentation and release planning.
· Adopt and evolve PA’s engineering standards and practices, to ensure we have a shared and common approach to development and delivery.
QualificationsWhat you bring
· Work closely with our designers to develop in-browser prototypes, living style-guides, pattern libraries and re-usable UI components
· Conduct QA orwork closely with in-house QA teamto ensure the software meets prescribed guidelines andapplications function properly
· Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
· Remain current in tech advancements and roll out fixes/upgrades as needed
· Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
· Collect and review customers' feedback to enhance user experience.
Additional Skills and Experiences:
· 5+ years commercial experience of developing websites using mobile-first, modular and responsive CSS (e.g. Sass/BEM, CSS Grid etc)
· A good understanding of semantic HTML, WCAG accessibility guidelines, common issues across web and mobile devices, and how to fix them
· Experience of unit and integration testing (e.g. Jest/Enzyme/Cucumber)
· An understanding of git, branching and continuous integration strategies; as well as the full web stack including HTTP, REST APIs.
· Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and performance debugging skills in both development and production environments
· Ability to convert client requirements into stories and tasks, help define acceptance criteria and provide estimates for delivery.
· A good eye for user interface design, typography and user experience
· Modern content management systems experience (i.e., headless mode)
· Understanding of Agile principles using Scrum and Kanban
· Knowing the difference between various MVCs and selecting the appropriate one (i.e., Backbone.js, Angular.js, React.js, Vue.js, Node.js).
· Pushing business logic into browser rather than server.
· Image authoring tools.
· SEO principles and developing compliant applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.