Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:
Operates specialized equipment and performs task to apply thermally deposited particles to jet engine components.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates, programs and maintains specialized thermal spray equipment in accordance with work instructions and customer specifications.
- Performs part changeovers and execution of work according to product specifications, drawings, and work instructions.
- Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
- Preparation of components (masking and surface preparation)
- Operator prepares necessary quality documents and confirms quality of own work using inspection tools in accordance with product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have HS Diploma or GED. Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
- On the job experience of 1-3 years in coatings of gas turbine components.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and coating specifications.
- Operation and programming of CNC equipment or production robots.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs post-conditional offer/pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and various background checks. Please note that, depending on the specific position applied for, you may be required to pass additional job-related medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy https://www.chromalloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/BCOSTA-Signed-EEOC-Statement-05.17.18.pdf
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination as it relates to terms and conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable law. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, is likewise not tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.