As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators, and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Employee Relations Manager role is an exciting opportunity to serve as a trusted advisor to resolve challenging people issues including performance coaching, conflict resolution and providing leadership consultation.
The successful candidate will have strong investigation and consultation skills. He/She will be detailed oriented, with the ability to manage across multiple stakeholders and priorities and will also be an exceptional communicator with strong analytical, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. Must be willing to operate as a utility player supporting various client groups and initiatives across the team.
Employee Relations Client Management
- Partner with managers, employees to facilitate positive interactions and effective outcomes for matters including performance coaching, performance improvement plans, written warnings, disciplinary actions and communications.
- Support investigations for behavioral workplace culture issues and as needed misconduct in a timely manner applying appropriate investigation plan, interviewing techniques with supporting documentation and outcome conclusion summary
- Able to operate advise with empathy and in the gray areas. Adept comprehension of client motivations and business pain points, leverages inputs to influence key business choices.
- Provide detailed case management documentation, executive summaries and timelines written with precision and clear next steps and recommended remediation strategies
- Utilize the designated online case management tool for tracking, applying rigorous notes and actions
- Develop effective relationships with HR Business Partners, Legal, the Business Conduct Office and other key stakeholders to ensure matters effective resolution through collaborative solutions
- Create briefings, proposals, and materials including content across the team to support programs (manager trainings), processes (flow charts), and executive summaries (PowerPoint)
- Support client project delivery and cross functional activities
- Support employee inquiries regarding performance management, workplace concerns, accommodations, and general ER inquires providing thoughtful responses and triaging as needed
- Lead process improvement efforts across the Employee Relations team, including reviewing existing communications channels and determining approach/processes
- Conduct data analysis using MS Excel identifying trends, hot spots, and anomalies and prepare presentations in PowerPoint as needed
Critical Incidents and Life Safety Efforts
- Support efforts related to critical incidents including direct employee outreach and support
- Participate and lead initiatives related to COVID19 including Contact Tracing, vaccination requirements work, and other effort to support employee safety.
- Participate in Return to Office initiatives helping the smooth transition into the workplace including change management activities to facilitate a positive employee experience
QualificationsPossess an in depth understanding of the disciplines across the People organization specifically, Employee Relations and HRBP & generalist experience with a client focused mindset to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience Highly organized with strong project management skills, and strong attention to detail Strong written and verbal communication skills with storytelling orientation Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills. Proactive mindset Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills and managing in ambiguity and tight deadlines Proven ability to deliver on time, and as expected while displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism. High level of focus on quality and accuracy 6 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD University Recruiting MBA and or PhD without experience
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.