Job DescriptionTeam Summary
The Third Party Lifecycle Management Program (TLMP) team is a second line of defense Third Party Risk Management team operating as part of the Corporate Risk function and acts as a 2nd Line of Defense. TLMP is responsible for governance and oversight of Visa’s third-party risk and is responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the controls in place to identify, monitor, and manage Visa's third party risk throughout the third party’s lifecycle with Visa.What a Third-Party Risk Manager – North America (NA) does at Visa:
This is a fulltime position at Visa for Visa’s Third-Party Lifecycle Management team. We areseeking a Risk Manager to support the North America third party risk management program and lead multiple strategic initiatives with the TLMP program. This role includes managing the risk assessment and due diligence processes for Visa’s Acquired Entities, both at on boarding and throughout the lifecycle as part of Visa’s TLMP program. In addition, having a focus on risk assessment execution, this role will an active role in TLMP’s strategic focus, including project development and execution and ensuring the evolution of TLMP’s oversight program maintains alignment with industry standards and regulatory expectations. The ideal candidate will be process driven, an excellent communicator and able to develop approaches that scale. Building influence in cross-functional partnerships and developing stakeholder relationships across the organization is an essential part of this role.
The Risk Manager is expected to ensure all aspects of the assigned functions adhere to the Third-Party Lifecycle Management Policy and Procedures. This position reports to the Director of Third-Party Lifecycle Management, who provides leadership, guidance and training to staff. This role is based in Foster City, Atlanta, Miami or Austin. Remote preference may be considered for this role.
In this role, you are expected to:
Support Visa’s third-party risk strategy for Acquired Entities, collaborating with various stakeholders to perform due diligence, risk assessment and ongoing monitoring of third parties, ensuring inherent risks and control gaps are accurately identified and remediated
Actively lead integration activities for each Acquired Entity relationship, which includes execution against the integration roadmap provided by TLMP and working cross functionally with stakeholders during the integration of new business.
Ensure Third Party Risk Management policy and procedures and Visa Supplier Manager tool capabilities are implemented according to approved goals and policy
Validate incoming supplier engagements, working with business partners to ensure data is complete and accurate and inherent risks are identified
Coordinate the distribution of due diligence questionnaires to the suppliers, review submitted questionnaires for completeness, ensure Risk stakeholders finalize reviews and determine overall residual risk rating. Be a strong liaison to ensure that Risk Stakeholder questions are answered by Business or Suppliers as required. Conduct certain aspects of supplier due diligence not covered by risk stakeholders
Develop and lead multiple strategic initiatives related to TLMP program expansion
Collaborate with regional teams to implement a standard set of training modules and communication materials for different stakeholders
Contribute to the development of detailed procedural documents and ensure alignment of TPRM with regulatory requirements including FFIEC, OCC and other applicable regulations
Identify, prioritize and pursue opportunities to enhance Visa’s third-party risk management processes and introduce innovative approaches and solutions to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
Ensure fourth parties are identified, captured and reported across all suppliers
Conduct other TLMP activities that relate to third party lifecycle management. These activities include the annual review of the Tiered Monitoring Program, management of supplier mergers and name change requests, ongoing monitoring of Anti-Bribery controls.
While position is focused on supporting Acquired Entities, will provide coverage for additional regions when required
Develop and run consistent and accurate reports related to the supplier list and analyze data to prepare supplier reporting for senior management
The position is open to candidates in Foster City, CA, Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, and Miami, FL.Why this is important to Visa
As the NA Third Party Risk Manager, this role plays a crucial part in the Acquired Entity integration process and TLMP’s third party risk strategy, ensuring internal teams such as Global Sourcing and Visa’s Risk Stakeholders have resources and processes to support their needs for due diligence, risk assessment and ongoing monitoring, ensuring inherent risks and control gaps are accurately identified and remediated.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 6 years of work experience in payments or risk/compliance function for a global organization with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 year of experience with a PhD
- Experience in coordination of projects, delegation of tasks, and review of others’ work is helpful for this position
- Working understanding of Anti-Bribery, Information Security, Business Continuity, Physical Security, Records Management, Call Center, Reputational and Financial risks
- Experience and/or working knowledge of Mergers & Acquisitions, specifically around development and execution of third-party integration plans
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Understanding of the inherent risks associated with engaging suppliers to perform services and support projects/initiatives
- Experience in third-party reporting and data analytics, including data mining, identification of trends and creating reporting dashboards
- Equally effective managing multiple projects and conducting data-driven analysis
- Exceptional data analysis and problem-solving skills with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor, ability to summarize raw data to tell a simple story supported by data to management and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and impactful way – turning research and raw data into hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights to a variety of stakeholders
- Works independently under limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail and achieving results, with an emphasis on how work is being accomplished
- Naturally curious and action-oriented
- Excel power user, Tableau and Ariba expertise a plus
- 3 years of experience working with supplier or vendor assessment frameworks, information security and/or operational risk programs within the payment industry
- Excel power user
- Professional accreditation in risk management
- Professional accreditation in risk management
- Proficiency in Financial Systems (Ariba, Aravo, Oracle, Coupa, IBM)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.