The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Software is on the lookout for a talented Art Director to work on a new, original IP- Come help us define the future of Gearbox Software franchises!
If you’re looking for an opportunity to help craft a unique and exciting world, you should apply!
- Establish project vision working alongside the Creative Director and other project leads, collaborating in all aspects of the creative process
- Maintain high aesthetic standards while crafting flow, visual storytelling, and progression
- Provide concepts, style guides, paint overs, and supporting documentation as required for clear high level visual direction & vision
- Motivate, mentor, supervise and support team of artists with clear and consistent direction
- Assist in maintaining milestone and general art schedules with production team
- Responsible for quality of all milestone & deliverables as they relate to the art department
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on with art content creation
- Know what it means to define & operate within customization system constraints while still outputting exciting style
- Demonstrate a high level of unique creativity and originality when it comes to aesthetics
- Able to craft exciting conceptual illustrations demonstrating vision & design
- Strong grasp on what it means to create unique characters and identity
- Can balance being creator of the vision vs. the curator; supporting consensus from a talented team of game makers and previously established visual goals
- Come equipped with an understanding of bleeding edge art techniques
- Excellent communicator and team player - here at Gearbox we thrive on collaboration and working together to meet our project artistic goals
- Be able to relocate to Frisco, Texas area to join the Gearbox team
- A proven ability to express your ideas and vision visually in an inspirational and exciting fashion
- Strong background in visual arts, with a solid understanding of 2D and 3D design principles
- Strong understanding of human & animal anatomy
- Should have firm ability and understanding of necessary art creation tools (3D Studio Max / Photoshop / Substance / Zbrush / etc), demonstrating hands on experience working through the content art pipeline
- Unreal 4 experience a plus
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.