Coffman Engineers’ Honolulu office is seeking aSenior Electrical Engineerwith at least 10 yearsof experience in a consulting engineering environment. The successful individual should be comfortable consulting to architectural practices and have a desire to work on a multi-discipline engineering team. We are looking for a leader who works effectively with all personality types, is interested in developing close relationships with our great clients, and who desires to grow professionally and stay involved in the activities and exciting trends in the industry.
The position will involve a mix of technical design and consulting, construction support, and new project scoping and proposal writing. We work in tight-knit teams that support each other and are managed with a healthy work-life balance that is focused on development and caring for the whole person.Applicant should be collaborative, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- B.S.inElectricalEngineeringor relatedfield
- 10+ years of experience in consulting engineering
- Registrationasa Professional Engineer (PE) (HI preferred)
- Experience with Revit (preferred)
- Experience designing DoD projects (preferred)
- Excellentwritten and verbalcommunicationskills
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Experience consulting to contractor and architectural clients
- Experience supervising multiple clients and projects at one time
- Working as part of a multi-discipline design team
Additional InformationVaccine Mandates
At this time, Coffman Engineers is subject to various state and client vaccination mandates in order to work on certain projects. In addition, there are two federal mandates pending which are under review by the United States legal system. If either mandate is implemented, it would impact Coffman employees.
Therefore, we will ask you about your vaccination status upon hire. If you choose not to be vaccinated, or request and are denied a medical or religious exemption, or we are unable to accommodate you even with an approved exemption, or you do not wish to inform us of your vaccination status, our ability to continue your employment may be impacted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of transition in our country. If you have any questions about these mandates or any other questions generated by this message, please contact the HR Representative with whom you have been working.Why Work at Coffman?You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we believe our culture of excellence, unique business model, and employees set us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and who believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, a flexible PTO program, supportive office environment, professional development opportunities, and regular employee activities (breakfast, wellness activities BBQs, and various social and community activities). But the best part of working at Coffman is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, and work alongside other intelligent, motivated people, while you impact the built environment around you!Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htmCoffman At A Glance:
- 42 years in business
- 600+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 20locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #154 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2021
- #1 Hawaii’s Healthiest Employers, Healthiest Employers, 2020
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunityand Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.Follow Us!www.coffman.comTwitter: @CoffmanEngineerInstagram: @CoffmanEngineersLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/coffman-engineersFacebook: @CoffmanEngineers