Coffman Engineers has been making a positive impact in the communities where we work for over 40 years. Our unique cultural balance of challenging projects and lively staff engagement has set us apart as a leading multidiscipline consulting engineering firm across the US.
Our Honolulu office is growing and we’re looking for aFire Protection Engineer who is passionate about their craft and looking for an environment that promotes professional growth. You will help strengthen our fire protection engineering team and work closely with other internal disciplines to design a variety of local projects.
The right candidate will have work history that includes performing consulting services for external and internal clients utilizing fire protection engineering technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from accredited college or university
- Fire Protection specific degree not required
- Fire Protection Engineering License by examination issued by any state in the United States
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the Fire Protection profession
- Travel is required (estimated travel percentage 20%)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Ability to work on a high functioning team
Additional InformationVaccine Mandates
At this time, Coffman Engineers is subject to various state and client vaccination mandates in order to work on certain projects. In addition, there are two federal mandates pending which are under review by the United States legal system. If either mandate is implemented, it would impact Coffman employees.
Therefore, we will ask you about your vaccination status upon hire. If you choose not to be vaccinated, or request and are denied a medical or religious exemption, or we are unable to accommodate you even with an approved exemption, or you do not wish to inform us of your vaccination status, our ability to continue your employment may be impacted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of transition in our country. If you have any questions about these mandates or any other questions generated by this message, please contact the HR Representative with whom you have been working.Why Work at Coffman?You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we believe our culture of excellence, unique business model, and employees set us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and who believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, a flexible PTO program, supportive office environment, professional development opportunities, and regular employee activities (breakfast, wellness activities BBQs, and various social and community activities). But the best part of working at Coffman is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, and work alongside other intelligent, motivated people, while you impact the built environment around you!Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htmCoffman At A Glance:
- 42 years in business
- 600+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 19 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #154 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2021
- #1 Hawaii’s Healthiest Employers, Healthiest Employers, 2020
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunityand Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.Follow Us!www.coffman.comTwitter: @CoffmanEngineerInstagram: @CoffmanEngineersLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/coffman-engineersFacebook: @CoffmanEngineers