The Proposal Writer leads the drafting, organization, review process, consolidation, delivery and facilitation of company proposals.
The Proposal Writer will evaluate Requests for Proposals (RFP), support the RFP decision briefings, develop compliance matrices for proposal development efforts, coordinate staff input into proposal documents, and oversee the proposal production process to include schedules, timelines for content development, reviews, and delivery for all department inputs.
The Proposal Writer helps to maintain focus on the win strategy in proposal content and approach throughout the proposal process. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Will be accountable for the design and execution of timely, professional and effective RFP responses for new business.
- Write, edit, and update complex technical documents, proposal templates, capability statements and other proposal related documents.
- Project managing of the entire proposal drafting and writing process.
- All aspects of proposal delivery, including scheduling, researching, writing, editing, proof reading, designing, publishing and delivering final proposal.
- Support management, coordination and preparation of the government and commercial proposal development process and schedule.
- Responsible for absorbing the strategy, intelligence, RFP requirements, annotated outline, and collected data to integrate into finished text and graphics.
- Responsible for the management and organization of proposals and meeting submission deadlines.
- Supports detailed RFP analysis and decomposition, outlining, compliance, etc.
- Performs tasks of prioritizing work, employing resources, and troubleshooting issues to ensure that documentation adheres to established policies, procedures, standards, schedules, and quality control.
- Supports coordination and presentation of kick off meeting materials.
- Supports win theme development meetings.
- Team wide communication and instruction in the proposal process.
- Supports the formal proposal reviews.
- Supports and coordinates Color Team review and gated proposal process.
- Coordinate, develop and deliver Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) documents, Quotes, and informal proposals for emerging business without formal requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or related field from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of successful Federal proposal experience.
- Proven track record of successful proposal writing or technical writing in the Federal Government marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of the government procurement process and requirements.
- The ability to identify, obtain, and organize resources.
- Preparing status reports and briefings for higher level management.
- Superior organizational skills, with special attention to detail, and time management skills are essential.
- The ability to work in a team environment and display professionalism is essential.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency and skills working with Microsoft Office.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- 10+ years of previous experience working for a company within the DOD and Federal Contracting industry or from a similar business.
- Knowledge of engineering and integration functions.
- Industry Certifications for Proposal Writing and development and Capture or Business Development (APMP, Shipley, PMP, etc.).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- United States (Required)
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.