The candidate will ensure that security requirements for information systems meet FISMA requirements. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and updating security authorization packages in accordance with the client’s requirement and compliant with FISMA. Core documents that the candidate will be responsible for are the System Security Plan, Risk Assessment Report, Security Assessment Plan and Report, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Plan of Actions and Milestones, Remediation Plans, Configuration Management Plan, etc.
- Develop and maintain the Plan of Action and Milestones and support remediation activities.
- Validate that protective measures for physical security are in place to support the systems security requirements.
- Maintaining an inventory of hardware and software for the information system.
- Developing, coordinating, testing and training on Contingency Plans and Incident Response Plans.
- Perform risk analyses to determine cost-effective and essential safeguards.
- Support Incident Response and Contingency activities.
- Able to perform security control assessment in using NIST 800-53A guidance.
- Conduct Independent scans of the application, network and database (where required)
- Provide continuous monitoring to enforce client security policy and procedures and create processes that will provide oversight into the following activities for the system owner
The ISSO should be intimately familiar with some aspects of the following:
- Federal Government Information Assurance policies and regulations to include OMB requirements, FISMA, and NIST 800 series.
- OMB A-123 circular; OMB A-130 circular; FIPS 140, 199, 200, 201; NIST SP 800-18, 37 Revision 1, 39, 53 Revisions 3 and 4, 53A Revision 1, 60 Volumes 1 and 2, 800-64 Revision 2, 137, 144, 147; CNSS 1253 and risk management methodologies.
- Automated vulnerability and risk assessment tools such as Nessus, AppDetective/DbProtect, Hailstorm, McAfee Vulnerability Manager (Foundstone), and NMAP.
- Secret clearance.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in functional responsibility
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of FISMA and SA&A process.
- Experience with vulnerability assessments tools such as Nessus, Foundstone, Cenzic, DBProtect, nd BigFix.
- Understanding and experience with CSAM is a PLUS
- Experience with NIST publications, OMB circulars and memoranda, and CNSS publications and their requirements and impact on system security.
Additionally, individuals must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Proficiency in writing technical analysis reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking
- Strategy development
- Balancing security requirements with mission needs
- Good judgment and business acumen
- Relationship management
- Project management (ability to track detailed tasks and ensure timely delivery)
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled