The Automotive Technician, reporting to the Store and Service Managers, is responsible for performing basic and advanced car maintenance and repair tasks, inspecting vehicles for potential problems, and troubleshooting issues to ensure vehicle is performing appropriately and the customer is taken care of.
We have 3levels of Automotive Technicians:
- Apprentice Technician- these technicians are typically entry level or have very minimal work experience andwill work directly with a Master Tech/Trainer Tech and develop into a Flat Rate Technician.
- Flat Rate Technician- these technicians are experienced and will perform the following repairs: Brakes, Alignments, Steering & Suspension, Under hood repairs & maintenance, Diagnostics and more.
- Master Technician/Trainer Technician- these technicians are highly experienced and will train apprentice technicians in order to develop them into Flat Rate Technicians.
- Application of in-depth automotive repair knowledge
- Providing service of the highest quality to our customers
- Performs skilled mechanical work while analyzing and diagnosing problems
- Inspect, replace and/or repair defective parts while performing preventative maintenance on automobiles
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company’s vision, mission, and core values in all interaction with customers, co-workers, managers, and suppliers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
QualificationsWe are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years’ auto service / engine diagnostic experience in a professional capacity
- ASE Certification preferred,but not required
- Must have Technician Tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate and drive vehicles
- Ability to pass a pre-employmentbackground screen
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.