You’ve established yourself as a PR agency pro, successfully leading teams and engendering trust and respect with your client contacts. You’ve helped grow talent by sharing your command of project management skills, attention to detail, strategic vision and creative ideas. You have shown that you have the rare talent make the intersection of public relations and marketing work, seamlessly, including developing integrated programs that educate, drive awareness and achieve goals. You possess a professional maturity beyond your years that prompts others to listen and take your counsel on best practices.
The account manager plays an integral role leading some of the firm’s key accounts, and work with leadership to manage more junior team members. They not only help shape the strategy but also roll up their sleeves to lead the team in implementing a wide array of programs for their clients, including thought-leadership development, online marketing, promotions, crisis communication, and traditional PR campaigns. With a firm grasp of public relations and digital marketing tools, the Account Manager also has a strong desire to continually hone their craft and take their knowledge to the next level.
Strategic thinker/tactically skilled – You can see the forest through the trees and know how to craft strategic short and long-term programs that are aligned with business goals. At the same time, you have the chops and the team mindset to roll-up your sleeves and get the work done when needed.
Initiative – As self-starter, you are eager to develop new ideas and drive deliverables forward. You’re adept at anticipating situations that will require a response, and proactively addressing needs.
Results driven – You find ways to succeed no matter what the challenge. You take ownership of responsibilities and are a natural problem solver. You are self-directed. And most importantly, you know how to deliver expected or agreed upon results.
Client-focused – You are adept at building strong relationships with client decision-makers and stakeholders, with a keen ability to listen, garner buy-in and bring discipline to planning and execution processes – all while helping clients achieve their goals.
Collaborative/Relationship-driven – You are an influencer who likes being part of a cohesive team working toward shared goals and a mutual accountability. You enjoy working with a wide range of external stakeholders, from vendors to partners. You understand the importance of listening, asking probing questions and allowing
others to be heard.
Detail-oriented – You take pride in your excellent organizational and project management skills and your innate ability to manage multiple key projects with tight time frames.
Quality commitment – You have a consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards, and maintain those standards even when under schedule pressures. You continually seek and share expertise on best practices to ensure client programs are of the highest caliber.
Professionally mature – You demonstrate confidence, experience, and poise under pressure, and you have experience managing your peers or more junior team members.
Exceptional writer – Your education and experience reflect excellent writing ability that is creative and technically proficient and cognizant of client voice and tone. You have a near-rabid adherence to AP style.
- Conceive, create and execute thoughtful, results-driven communication plans
- Develop and maintain strong relationships both with clients, and with internal teams
- Establish and maintain fruitful relationships with traditional and digital media
- Participate as part of agency’s new-business team, identifying and pitching prospective clients
- Assist in developing and executing digital marketing initiatives, including SEO and SEM
- Assist in the development of paid advertising in traditional media
- Develop sponsorship programs
- Lead day-to-day communications with key clients, gathering information and driving deadlines
- Take ownership in client programs, constantly evaluating new ideas and activities, offering ideas, etc.
- Leading client meetings
- Timely management of client document editing/approval process
- Adherence to client budgets and assignment scope
- Conduct account-related research
- Accurate tracking and management of billable/non-billable time
Skills, Experience and Education
- At least five years PR agency or equivalent corporate experience in public relations
- Demonstrative ability to create and maintain client trust through engaged management of workflow
- Willingness and skill in mentoring junior team members in professional development
- Command of online marketing tools and ability to navigate SEO and website management
- Ability to manage client relationships, comprehend and distill complex issues and craft messaging for internal/external audiences
- Proven success securing placements with traditional and digital media
- Experience delivering social media outreach and engagement programs
- Proactive and collaborative – lead multiple client accounts depending upon client needs
- Sound judgment with high standards of accountability, integrity, responsiveness, and discretion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and produce quality work under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or related field is required
Team, Tools and Resources
Direct reports: Up to five direct reports in fluid, client-focused environment
Agencies/Consultants: Manage third-party vendors and freelancers as needed for client projects.
What We Offer:
We offer a work environment that rewards and embraces those who are driven and ambitious while thoughtful and conscientious. We gravitate toward those who look to constantly improve their skill sets; take pleasure in creating order from chaos; recognize the difference between process and results; and take pride in exceeding client expectations. Our generous compensation package includes:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Company-matched 401(k) savings program
- Paid-Time-Off and liberal continuing education programs
- A bevy of other perks
To Be Considered:
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, three writing samples and a cover letter
describing your work history and why you think you’d be a good fit for this position to