Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Manager is a key member of the marketing and communications department at Feeding San Diego. Focused on expanding awareness, engaging the public, attracting new audiences, and supporting increased philanthropic revenue, the position contributes to the planning and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives to support organizational goals and priorities. With an emphasis on digital strategy and execution, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for digital marketing, project management, and content development.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Evening and weekend work required as determined by operational needs, project schedules, or as assigned.Digital Marketing:
- Manage social media platforms and social content calendar to engage online communities, educate the public, and promote Feeding San Diego (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and others). Develop content and supervise the creation of creative assets; monitor engagement metrics to gauge effectiveness and demonstrate ROI.
- Oversee the website (feedingsandiego.org) and manage all copywriting, editing, programming, and design. Ensure web content remains up-to-date and integrates best practices in search engine optimization.
- Manage email marketing calendar and create effective, engaging campaigns that prompt action, generate conversions, and prioritize responsive design. Measure results and make recommendations for enhancements as necessary.
- Develop and implement search engine marketing and digital advertising to drive awareness, revenue, and subscribers utilizing social media properties, landing pages, conversion funnels, Google AdWords, and other tactics.
- Create valuable digital content, including blogs, infographics, videos, and webinars that drive brand awareness, traffic growth, online giving, and volunteer engagement.
- Prepare analytic reports, conduct A/B tests, and make data-driven recommendations for marketing strategies and tactics, including SEO, SEM, and conversion optimization.
- Manage all campaigns, advertising, and projects to ensure deadlines are met and promotional materials are high quality and brand compliant.
- Steward the brand throughout all communications, including visual identity, messaging, and core values. Ensure a cohesive brand story in accordance with organizational messaging and style guidelines.
- Supervise the Marketing & Communications Coordinator on the development of collateral, publications, and creative assets.
- Provide project management services and marketing support to cross-functional teams, including the development department on fundraising campaigns, donor recognition, and sponsorship and grant fulfillment.
- Develop written content for all communications, including annual reports, quarterly printed newsletter, digital newsletters, collateral, and more.
- Supervise and mentor the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communications with project plans, budget management, partnership development, media relations, and tracking of key performance indicators.
- Manage marketing vendors to ensure projects are bid appropriately, deadlines are met, and invoices are accurate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications or Chief Development & Marketing Officer.
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of three to five years of directly related experience in marketing along with a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, new media, or related field of study; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One to two years of supervisory experience required.QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superior interpersonal, written (including proofreading and editing), verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work effectively under pressure with tight and often competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to understand and analyze trends.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WordPress website development, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat), all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn), Facebook Business Manager, Google Marketing Platform (including Analytics, Tag Manager, Ads), and email systems (Constant Contact and Pardot).
- Experience with, or knowledge of, databases and how to perform audience segmentation for email and social media marketing.
- Strongly preferred: skills in photography, videography, and video editing.
- Preferred: Experience with Salesforce.
- Preferred: Fluency in Bilingual Spanish.
- Commitment to hunger-relief and the Feeding San Diego mission; compassion and appreciation for other interconnected issues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.