TheTechnical Analyst - CMBDreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
TheTechnical Analyst- CMBD is responsible for keeping their assigned or designated application systems and their associated software fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also works with Technical Analysts and IS Team/Project Leads to monitor analyze and plan upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate functionality and stability to meet the user needs.
ThisTechnical Analyst - CMBDposition works with all departments within Information Services and its customers to provide Configuration Management services and support. The role is responsible for the technical solution and uses the Discovery application or other tools to create and maintain the accuracy and completion of Configuration Item (CI) specific information within the CMDB. Description
Position Specific Details:
- Familiar with the processes that consume CMDB data e.g. Incident, Problem, SDLC, Asset, and Change
- Build solutions around data certifications for maintaining CI sanity
- Reconcile solution of the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories
- Sanitize the data sources feeding the CMDB
- Help handle Service Mapping within ServiceNow for overall discovery of IT Business Services/Applications/Configuration Items
- Perform audits and resolve data integrity issues
- Build and manage Knowledge Articles pertaining to the CMDB
- Provide status reports for leadership
- Implement methods to collect metrics to assist in understanding and measuring the efficiency of current CM processes
- Respond to escalated issues and figure out appropriate course of action to problem solve.
- Maintain a customer-focused attitude while designing processes
- Works with other ITSM processes to understand new requirements and identify how Configuration management can support
- Develops proficient competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides guidance and support for computing platforms and systems integration.
- Actively participates in on-going processes to integrate end users requests with software functionality.
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of systems to ensure reliability for current and/or future use.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and resolution, with vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC distributed systems IT environment.
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities. Actively participates and communicates with the project teams. Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the team’s goals and objectives.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of IT solutions.
- Assists with projects in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of application software code. This could include preparing time estimates for project activities and helping develop project timelines, monitoring performance, and reporting progress toward project milestones
- Analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes technical specifications and implements systems and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Provides support including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
Personal and Staff Development
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Associate Analyst, as well as members of the application teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts among different support and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository
- Providing on-call support is required.
- 3+ years technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 3+ years experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
- Bachelors in related field (or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with ServiceNow CMDB, CMDB Dashboard and Discovery
- Knowledge of Service Mapping
- 2+ years of experience with ITIL processes in fast-paced environment
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to write concise analysis summaries and actions reports
- Solution-oriented mindset & be able to provide recommendations for the current and future platform.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills on maintaining CMDB data integrity
- Able to generate and analyze reports for KPIs
- Act as a backup for incident, problem and change management analysts
- Strong organization skills