- Serve as Assistant Team Leader of the IMT team under the direction of the Team Leader
- Work with clients, families and/or significant others involved with the consumer to develop a person-centered treatment plan.
- Screen and assess clients for the treatment of co-occurring substance use disorders including through involvement in an interdisciplinary assessment.
- Advocate and liaise for clients within the criminal justice and shelter system.
- Assist clients in securing medical care, entitlement and other community supports that promote integrated physical and mental health, safety, wellbeing and recovery.
- Provide or connect clients with employment counseling, vocational rehabilitation, completion of housing applications and placement, and provision of life skills training.
- Provide individual counseling that includes principles of Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment, as appropriate.
- Complete progress notes and assessments in the electronic health record within a timely manner.
- Work with external stakeholders – such as hospitals, shelters, jails, primary care – to achieve positive client outcomes.
- Provide services in a strengths-based, recovery-oriented, trauma-informed, and culturally sensitive manner
- Active New York State license in Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- At least two years of experience working with adults who have needs in the areas of mental health, substance use, trauma, violence risk, homelessness, frequent psychiatric hospitalizations, and criminal-justice involvement
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Previous use of an electronic health record, Footholds AWARDS preferred
- Experience in a multidisciplinary setting and field-based clinical work preferred
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Strong commitment to social justice and the CASES mission
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.