We are currently recruiting for Route Sales (Class A CDL) in Marion,IL (Training and CDL will be provided for the right candidate). This position entails the chosen candidate to operate a company vehicle locally and deliver & merchandise product to accounts daily. The Route Sales position is for a candidate who is a driven, independent worker with a customer service personality.
Route Sales Training Requirements
- Complete detailed daily reports.
- Obtain CDL Permit test
- Pass DOT physical and obtain Medical Card
- Attend New Employee Orientation as well as formal sales training.
- Complete day long ride a-longs with members of sales team to learn all aspects of the business.
- Spend a day training with Office Manager to learn aspects of daily reconciliation as pertaining to the Route Salesman.
- Successfully completing training for and obtain a Class A CDL.
- Learn how to properly complete daily DVIR logs and Pre trip/ Post trip inspections daily.
- Become proficient with the Route Salesman Handheld.
- Learn PMA packaging and product lines
- Learn how to organize a trailer for nightly return to the standards of a “perfect trailer”
Job Requirements of a Route Salesman
- Operate a company vehicle to deliver products to customers.
- Ensure load is stacked, wrapped, and secure each day before leaving PMA and after each stop.
- Collect payments for all cash accounts and obtain signatures of receipt from all customers for all products sold.
- Follow company standard policies and procedures.
- Stock, rotate, and merchandise all products in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure good customer service by communicating with all parties with business professional attitude.
- Complete all receipts, deposits, and end of day paperwork in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by supervisor.
The best part about this position is that you will be home daily (no over the road driving is required). You will have an opportunity to earn commissions but have the protection of a minimum guarantee pay.
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to lift, push, or pull 30 lbs. or more repeatedly.
- Able to work on foot for 8 hours or more daily
- Obtain a Class A CDL
- Obtain Medical DOT Card
This is an exciting adventure, if you believe you have what it takes, apply today!
Pepsi MidAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers competitive wages, 401k, Health Insurance, and opportunities for advancement