Woof's is hiring energetic and fun-loving humans who enjoy playing with pups! You’ll work with friendly teammates in a supportive, happy work environment while participating in the following job duties:Animal Care-Taking
- Ability to work a playroom while continuously on your feet showing the dogs attention and care
- Proactively address behavioral in a timely and effective manner. This may include crating for time outs when necessary, but NEVER includes the use of physical force or punishment of a dog. We have a zero-tolerance policy for the mistreatment of animals
- Aware of environment at all times and consistently attends to any special needs dogs including but not be limited to dogs that need to be crated when other dogs enter the playroom and dogs that cannot be together
- Woofs has zero tolerance for mishandling of dogs or using non-approved dog management methods
- Demonstrated ability to bathe any size dog without direct supervision and to company standard
- Proper procedures include the use of appropriate shampoo for the dog, appropriate use of bathing equipment, and the clean-up of the bathing area upon completion
- Ability to clip dog toe nails with the assistance of another team member
- Ability to understand and follow without exception the Feeding List, Medication List and Allergy List to ensure that all health standards are met consistently
- Ability to work cohesively with their team in a respectful and professional manner
- Effectively communicates both orally and written. Utilizes company tools to communicate relevant information daily via the activity log and to their supervisor
- Maintains a positive attitude and demeanor in all aspects of their position including room management and customer service.
- Maintains consistent time and attendance standards
- Follows company dress code guidelines for professional and safe standards
- Is on time for scheduled shifts and in the case of an emergency calls in advance of their shift to allow time for proper coverage
- Takes their own development as a personal responsibility and uses mistakes or challenges as an opportunity to grow to a higher standard of performance
- Continually monitor playroom keep area free of messes by immediate and continual spot cleaning throughout the shift
- Perform daily cleaning assignments which may include, but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, refilling the water cooler, and replacing water bowls
- Follow standard cleaning procedures including proper use of chemicals to ensure a safe environment for both people and dogs
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning assignments including moving and sanitizing crates as well as cleaning the walls, floors and play equipment with sanitizing solutions
QualificationsRequirements for Doggie Day Care Team Members:
- Weekend availability a must
- Ability to open the building at 6:45am or stay as late as 8:30 pm
- Available to work 30 to 40 hours per week with occasional overtime
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and move playroom equipment and X-large home-style crates
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours, bend repetitively, and use cleaning products to disinfect and sanitize the building
- Ability to move quickly throughout the building while maintaining your composure and keeping a smile on your face!
Employees receive a 1% raise every three months.
All of your information will be kept in accordance with EEO guidelines.