Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
During night shift and while residents are sleeping (10:00 pm to 8:00 am, four days a week), provide a safe and secure environment for residents and staff at the Wyoming Girls School, an institution for adjudicated female youth.Human Resource Contact: Kim Schoenbaum email@example.com 307-674-7476ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Utilizes physical visual checks to monitor residents while they are sleeping, maintaining these checks on a frequent basis.
- Documents residents' sleeping habits and unusual events.
- Monitors physical plants, focusing on safety issues.
- During morning hours, assists in medications, preparing the residents for cleaning, breakfast, hygiene, collecting urinalysis and physical training/educational group activities, and school.
- Provides support and assistance to residents.
- Provides security and direct, constant and visual supervision of juveniles in a residential facility; provides residents with advice, guidance, and direction; role models healthy relationships through mentoring; explains agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures to new residents.
- Maintains resources of events occurring during assigned work hours.
- Promptly responds to emergency or crisis situations.
- Applies physical and non-physical intervention skills in crisis situations where residents are hostile, aggressive, and in danger of harming themselves, others and/or property.
Preference may be given to those with a High School diploma plus 1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Youth Services).KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of facility policy/procedures.
- Knowledge of safety/security procedures.
- Knowledge of MANDT principles.
- Knowledge of physical and non-physical intervention skills in crisis situations.
High School Diploma
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Youth Services)
Education & Experience Substitution:
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Youth Services)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- All positions within the Department of Family Services will require a background information check, Including the taking of fingerprints, which will be completed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family Services and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for every successful applicant.
049-Department of Family Services - Wyoming Girls' School - Support Services
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.