Who We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for an experienced PR/marketing account executive to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
Strategic thinker/tactically skilled: You can see the forest through the trees and know how to craft strategic short and long-term programs that are aligned with business goals. At the same time, you can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get the work done.
Initiative: As self-starter, you are eager to develop new ideas and get things done. You’re adept at anticipating situations that will require a response, and proactively addressing needs.
Results driven: You find ways to succeed no matter what the challenge. You take ownership of responsibilities and are a natural problem solver. You are self-directed and know how to deliver agreed upon results.
Collaborative/Relationship-driven: You enjoy being part of a team working toward shared goals and a mutual accountability You are able to support or lead multiple client accounts and enjoy working with a wide range of external stakeholders, from vendors to partners. You understand the importance of listening, asking probing questions and allowing others to be heard.
Detail-oriented: You take pride in your excellent organizational and project management skills and your innate ability to manage multiple key projects with tight time frames.
Quality commitment: You have a consistent respect for high quality standards, and maintain those standards even when under pressure. You continually seek and share expertise to ensure client programs are of the highest caliber.
Professionally mature: You demonstrate sound judgment, integrity and discretion. You exhibit confidence, experience, and poise under pressure.
Exceptional writer: Your education and experience reflect excellent writing ability that is creative and technically proficient. You have a near-rabid adherence to AP style.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- A BA/BS degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- At least three years PR agency or equivalent corporate experience in public relations.
- Command of digital and social marketing tools.
- Proven success securing placements with traditional and digital media.
- Experience delivering social media outreach and engagement programs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and produce quality work under pressure.
- Craft well-written PR documents such as key messaging, press releases, op/eds, and social media content.
- Establish and maintain fruitful relationships with traditional and digital media.
- Create, produce and distribute paid content such as matte releases and video news releases.
- Conduct editorial, award and speaking opportunity research.
- Event management and production.
- Assist in developing and executing digital marketing initiatives, including SEO and SEM.
- Assist in developing paid advertising in traditional media.
- Maintain day-to-day communications with clients, gathering information, driving deadlines, participating in meetings, and offering new ideas and activities for client programs.
- Manage the client document editing/approval process and adhere to client budgets and assignment scope.
What We Offer:
We offer a work environment that rewards and embraces those who are driven and ambitious while thoughtful and conscientious. We gravitate toward those who look to constantly improve their skill sets; take pleasure in creating order from chaos; recognize the difference between process and results; and take pride in exceeding client expectations. Our generous compensation package includes:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Company-matched 401(k) savings program
- Paid-Time-Off and liberal continuing education programs
- A bevy of other perks
To Be Considered:
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, three writing samples and a cover letter describing your work history and why you think you’d be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org