The Team Technician Packagingwill perform a variety of tasks within the department related to the handling, packaging, documentation, and changeover/set up of products while adhering to 100% quality assurance.
Please note this is a 2nd shift role, 6 days per week.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operates manufacturing equipment in a high-volume production environment, such as bagger, mogul, packaging machines
- Performing machine set-ups, tool changes, and routine checks on manufacturing equipment, and visual quality checks
- Follow operating procedures (SOPs) to conduct changeovers safely and within standard time
- Manipulate small parts and gauges to adjust equipment parameters according to product being manufactured
- Conduct quality checks to ensure product meets dimensional and appearance requirements
- Accurately and legibly document information with daily production, downtime tracking, etc.
- Enable, participate and implement continuous improvement ideas
- Engage in Daily Shift End meeting using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals
- Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems
- Calculate figures and amounts using whole numbers and decimals
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through the use of 5S visuals management tools and standards
- Proper waste disposal
- Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment
- Follow escalation process standard work and assist team in “Why Why” Problem Solving Analysis
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Strong organizational skills, as well as solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Knowledge of basic machining and have ability to apply concepts
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills
- Experience in high volume manufacturing or nutritional supplement in the food industry preferred
- Strong level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities are outlined and delegated
- Display a strong sense of ownership for work
- Will work near and around moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to see alpha/numbers on computer screen/ paper work
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to see, talk and hear
- Must be able to pull, squat, kneel, climb and/or balance
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!Please contact Human Resources at 631-200-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.