Weatherby Sales Associate must provide excellent customer service and partnership with direct customers on the phone, through web interfaces and in person to help generate sales, develop customer relations, increase profits, expedite product delivery, acquire product knowledge, and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives Weatherby sales by interacting with customers to provide and process information on orders, products, and services
- Processes new orders, forms, and applications
- Provides customers with quotes, order data, and general information
- Pursues and develops new customer accounts
- Maintains customer account information
- Idea generation as it relates to new sales displays and top-rated interactions
- Travel required for sales shows
- Networking and building relationships
- Edit orders received for price and product information
- Inform customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
- Prepare order form (hard copy or electronic) to determine total cost for customer
- Record or send for filing copy of orders received according to expected delivery date
- Check inventory control and notify stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock
- Route order to departments for filling
- Follow up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, warehouse or common carrier personnel to expedite or track missing or delayed shipments
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Answer questions from and provide information to customer about merchandise for sale
- Makes decisions on assortment and plans for merchandising the retails space
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the sales team via order entry and talking with sales reps
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience and knowledge of firearms required
- Experience in customer service and firearms-related occupations preferred
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
- Good communication and phone skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Problem solving and analysis
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of United States measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Time management
- Teamwork orientation
- Proficient in computer programs such as Excel
- Technical capacity
ACCOUNTABILITIES and MEASURES
Meet objective goals assigned by the Director of Sales during performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position will be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.