Jonah Energy LLC is a privately held, growth-oriented company focused on the acquisition and development of producing oil and natural gas properties located in North America. Jonah Energy is recognized as a proven leader of responsibly producing natural gas and environmental sustainability. Jonah Energy is also the first producer in the United States to achieve IES TrustWell’s Verified Attribute for Low-Methane emissions.
Under minimal supervision the SCADA Programmer/Administrator manages SCADA assets including design architecture and defines requirements of the system in support of Jonah Energy’s controls while ensuring alignment to ISA best practices. In addition, this role monitors server health and system demands and oversees the maintenance of the SCADA system. This role reports to Automation Lead Technician.
- Design architecture and define requirements of the SCADA system
- Monitor server health, and system demands
- Manage and schedule maintenance of the SCADA system
- Work with third party vendors in the design, testing, and implementation[QK1] of SCADA system processes
- Deliver on-demand support to resolve application technical issues
- Assist the with installation and administration of various infrastructure systems, networks, servers, and PCs
- Provide support and training for:
- SCADA Administrator
- SCADA end users
- Work with Server administrators and other IT Engineers to secure SCADA network
- Oversee work and/or perform duties of the SCADA Engineer:
- Design and create HMI screens, databases, alarms, and events to meet the operational requirements of Jonah Energy
- Design, code, and test control programs to meet the requirements defined by SCADA Admin for the control system
- Troubleshoot SCADA control systems and the complex equipment associations and relationships with the field equipment
- Process equipment
- Production controls
- Gas measurement
- Data gathering
- Maximize use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs.
- Maintain advanced monitoring of field devices
- Interpret field electrical diagrams
- Develop, troubleshoot, maintain and manage alarms for the control systems, shutdown systems, and process controls
- Interface with the Production, Engineering, and Environmental teams
- Design and create programs within SCADA system that interface with internal and external data sources
- Maintain HMI system security, operation reports and data algorithms on all Jonah Energy SCADA systems
- Align priorities and results with Jonah Energy asset goals
- Maintain respectful and productive working relationships within and across all work groups, ensuring effective collaboration and cooperation
- Create a work environment that is consistent with the Company’s Purpose, Vision & Core Values
- Work On-Call Time Call-Out Time and overtime as needed
- Actively pursue continuing education to keep up with this continually changing environment
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned to support the success of the department and company
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of SCADA ISA best practices and implement in architecture, requirement designs and coding
- Proactive to take initiative in addressing and solving issues
- High performer; quickly and efficiently completes tasks
- Dependable, reliable team-player to meet department and company needs
- Prioritize work and multi-task under tight timelines and stressful conditions to meet or beat critical project deadlines and heavy workload demands
- Work in temperatures between -20 and 100+ degrees Fahrenheit on a seasonal basis
- Perform safe work behavior and habits
- Proficient to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office, eVin, CygNet
- Walk on uneven surfaces.
- Operate a vehicle safely (in all weather conditions) in rural/open range country to oil and gas locations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively converse with all levels of the company, customers, business associates
- Professional integrity and accountability
- Work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience of SCADA Management
- 5+ years’ experience of SCADA programming
- Advanced programming skills
- OT (operational technology) user program manipulation
- FST programming
- Proficient experience working on computer system hardware, and operating system software.
- Proficient in VBS, XML, C#, and VBA.
- CygNet advanced programming and service management.
- Proficient working knowledge of Instrumentation, Flow Computers (FloBoss 107 and Roc 800 series) wiring, configuration, and programming.
- live or relocate to within 1 hour or reporting location
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Valid driver’s license
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert experience working on computer system hardware, and operating system software
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Control System Integrator Association (CSIA)
POSITION SCOPE & IMPACT
- Individual contributor with impact on field production and operations and overall Company performance
- Minimal, as business requires
Walking, on uneven surfaces
Up to 80 lbs.
Up to 80 lbs.
No relocation offered.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including generous PTO, 401k match and discretionary profit sharing, tuition assistance, professional development, and eligibility for short term and long term incentive programs. Additionally, eligible employees may enroll in health, dental, vision and life insurance on their first day of employment and elect from several voluntary group benefits. As an employee you have the opportunity to make a difference in a company where your position is critical to project success!
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Jonah Energy LLC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screenings.