How To Apply
Apply online at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=24867. Applications and resumes submitted through Indeed will not be accepted.
Start Date: June 20, 2022
- 100 % remote/telework position with successful candidate home office within 50 miles of our Idaho locations in Boise, Meridian, Hailey, Sun Valley, Mountain Home, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Twin Falls, Soda Spring, Bellevue; Montana locations in Billings, Glendive, Miles City, Sidney or Wyoming location: Sheridan
- Rate of pay: $17.00 per hour
- Paid Training: Training schedule is Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm MST
- After training will be assigned either 9:30am – 6:30pm MST or 10:30am – 7:30pm MST shift
- No Weekends, holidays or shifts past 7:30pm MST
- 15% shift differential for anytime worked outside of 8am – 5pm MST, Monday – Friday
- Employee Incentive Program
- Benefits Start Your First Day (medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA – with employer contribution, Life Insurance, Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Employee Assistance Program)
- 401(K) with matching plus 5% employer contribution
- Accrue up to 14 days of paid vacation per year
- Additional paid sick time
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Education Assistance (beginning after 1 year of employment)
Intermountain Gas Company is a natural gas distribution company serving approximately 350,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in 75 communities in southern Idaho. Intermountain is a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc., a multidimensional natural resources enterprise traded on the New York Stock Exchange as “MDU.”
Energize your career and supercharge your future handling customer service calls for the gas and electric utility companies of MDU Resources Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 company. Our utility companies include Cascade Natural Gas Corporation, Great Plains Gas, Intermountain Gas Company and Montana-Dakota Utilities serving an 8-state region. MDU utility companies serve approximately 1.1 million customers across eight states.
We are currently looking for customer focused, and dependable individuals interested in a full-time position in our Customer Service Center in Meridian, Idaho. You may find a current opportunity for a Customer Service Representative at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=24867.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day-to-day work routine for self and others. Builds trusted relationships with customers from one or more service territories through education of available programs and services. Provides extraordinary customer service and case management while consistently meeting call center productivity and quality standards. Responsible for properly identifying, maintaining, and protecting customer accounts and information. Responsible for receiving and handling incoming gas and/or electric emergencies by obtaining adequate information to ensure proper action is taken. Normally works under general supervision and given a certain degree of latitude in decision making.
1. Communicates verbally and in writing to customer inquiries and requests and generates required field activities.
2. Responds to emergency calls following established guidelines and procedures; newly hired employees generate required emergency requests after 90 days of employment.
3. Identifies, researches, and independently resolves customer issues using various tools.
4. Ability to understand and apply company collection practices, such as performing credit checks, calculating deposit requirements, and offering payment plans and arrangements. Educates customers regarding energy assistance programs.
5. Accurately documents and updates customer and premise information and customer contact notes.
6. Performs a wide variety of functions within the rules and regulations of our service territories to assist customers in maintaining gas and electric service.
7. Acquires and maintains knowledge of all customer service options and programs offered, including, but not limited to, Budget Billing, AutoPay, payment, and online services, E-bill; energy assistance, credit/collection policies and deposit requirements.
8. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
- One-year experience in a call center or two years of general customer service experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge and navigation of computer hardware, software, and the internet.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, including some intermediate functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including spelling and grammar.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to maintain professional and courteous manner, while resolving issues with all types of customers.
- Proven ability to think clearly in high pressure situations and make quick decisions in life threatening and other emergency call situations.
- Proven ability to resolve customer conflict situations while independently exercising good judgment and discretion for both the company and the customer.
- Provide extraordinary customer service while consistently meeting call center productivity and quality standards.
- Must maintain confidentiality of Company data and customer records.
- Ability to work in a team environment, demonstrating responsibility, accountability, and ability to perform daily tasks with minimal assistance.
- Ability to consistently meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to acquire knowledge to take calls for additional utilities.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- A working knowledge of customer service skills and knowledge at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year degree in business or related field.
- Bi-lingual Spanish skills.
- Must take all measures necessary to protect networks, devices, programs and data from cyber-attack, damage or unauthorized access.
- Subject to the Company’s DOT Substance Abuse Testing Program.
- May be required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to utility group dress code, which is a business casual environment.
- Work any established shift, which may include emergency coverage on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Due to extensive training, employees are not allowed to bid outside the Customer Service Center for twelve (12) months from employment.
- Must be 50 miles from an MDU/Intermountain Gas District Office.
- Must have access to adequate high-speed internet with a minimum download speed of 20 Mpbs, to ensure reliable, consistent connection to the company’s network without interruptions in customer service.
- Able to provide a safe, ergonomic, quiet, and distraction-free home office work space.
- Ability to work in an individual environment with remote support and without regular or consistent in person interaction.
- Comfortable corresponding via phone and video for team interaction and development.
- A department may have additional requirements that must be followed by an employee, in addition to Company wide requirements.
- Professional conduct while performing the Company’s business from a location outside of the Company’s office will be held to the same standard as if the employee was in the office. While telecommuting, the employee remains obligated to comply with all job requirements and responsibilities, in addition to all Company rules, practices, instructions, applicable provisions, and policies.
- Consistent with the Company’s expectations of information security for employees working at the office, employee will protect Company information from unauthorized disclosure or damage and will comply with federal, state, and Company rules, policies, and procedures regarding disclosure of public and official records.
How To Apply
Resumes submitted via Indeed will not be considered, please apply online at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=24867
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
COVID-19 considerations:MDU follows CDC guidance.
Work Location: Multiple Locations