The Maintenance Department Manager is a critical member of the plant leadership team that hasa high level of accountability, visibility, and opportunity to directly influence results. This includes direct responsibility for overall management of the maintenance function to include repair and maintenance of all manufacturing equipment, as well as facilities and sanitation maintenance.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Creation and sustainment of a high performance culture across the respective group of lines.
- Collaborate across all manufacturingdepartments, and across all functions to ensure safe, effective plant operations
- Directly managing ateam of mechanics and sanitation personnel ofapproximately30-40team membersacross all shifts
- Formulation of department strategy and annual goals and objectives that align to the Plant direction
- Achieving of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on the Plant Scorecard
- Provide personal, hands-on coaching of Department team members and operating floor associates in the principles of high performing work systems and hold all levels accountability for implementing and maintaining them
- Foster a culture that develops a high degree of ownership from all team members, an environment of trust and openness, and a culture that delivers consistently superior results
- Provide leadership and guidance for Daily Management systems to ensure high levels of quality, problem identification and resolution, productivity, and associate involvement and ownership, including: Daily Direction Setting meetings, Team meetings and operating review, Visual management and online reporting
- Identify issues affecting efficiencies and assists in developing solutions
- Management of high quality operations
- 3+ years of department management experience in a high-speed consumer packaged goods (CPG)industry environment
- Bachelor’s Degree within Engineering or Sciences (i.e. Biology or Chemistry) or related work experience.
- Military background a plus
- Significant leadership experience managing medium size teams across various shifts
- Strong working knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices such as TPM, OEE and the ability to utilize these tools to create and operate a high performing culture
- Advanced PC skills that encompass Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle and ERP applications (i.e. SAP)
- Strong Safety and Quality experience and focus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate a vision effectively and to enroll others in that vision
- Knowledge and proven ability to implement high performing organizations
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop skills of others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.