SR. NETWORK ENGINEER Full Time Need to be onsite in Grand Prairie, TX or Chesapeake, VA or Las Vegas, NV or Jacksonville, FL Summary of Role/Position We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our IT team. That individual will bring strong industry experience in managing multivendor WAN and W/LAN networks. As part of that role, you are expected to provide exceptional customer service and be a great team member. This is great opportunity for ambitious and driven engineers, who won't be afraid to take the ownership of network infrastructure. YOU WILL:
- Act as a lead engineer on all network related projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful and timely project delivery.
- Proactively drive appropriate security measures to protect enterprise assets and the end users.
- Provide network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methods.
- Assist in monitoring, investigating and remediating of security events.
- Perform routine maintenance and upgrades of network hardware components.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation.
- Monitor network performance, and connectivity using tools such as SolarWinds, OpManager, Splunk.
- Perform deep dives on complex technical issues across networks, ranging from automated tooling to hardware failures and network issues.
- Participate and improve escalation and emergency response with detailed postmortem while addressing issues systematically to prevent future occurrences.
- Oversee network lifecycle management and capacity planning.
- Manage day-to-day ticket queue, adhering to ITIL change and incident management processes.
- Maintain and improve current application, system monitoring and logging solutions.
- 5-7 years of prior experience managing complex corporate LAN & WAN networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills at OSI levels 1-7.
- Cross Infrastructure Design experience (Network, Storage, Server, Hypervisor, Automation).
- Expertise with monitoring tools such as NewRelic, OpManager, Solarwinds, Splunk, ITSM tools.
- Network routing protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP.
- Experience supporting multivendor network environments including Cisco, Aruba, PAN, Dell, Ruckus, SonicWall.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Will need to be flexible on the work shifts as we need to be able to support other parts of the globe.
- Experience evaluating and testing new vendor and in-house developed network initiatives for security issues.
- Experience researching, building, and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors.
- Work with and advise team members and customers on best practices, advanced troubleshooting, and future systems designs.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- The following certifications are highly desired: Cisco CCNA-CCNP.
- Be able to lead and take initiative.