Our client is looking Oracle/Snowflake DBA for Long term project in Jacksonville, FL below is the detailed requirements. Job Title : Oracle/Snowflake DBA Location : Jacksonville, FL - Remote Duration : Long term Job description:
- Daily maintenance, monitoring, performance analysis, trouble shooting, problem resolution, and user assistance required for all the Oracle/Snowflake database environments.
- Work with a cross-section of internal IT organizations, including other DBA's, systems analysts, developers, outside consultants and the management team.
- Participate in Information Technology projects as the primary DBA from inception of the project up and through the daily maintenance phase of a project.
- Provide input into new and existing projects.
- Responsible for the physical design and architecture.
- Create, monitor, and maintain Virtual Data Warehouse(s) supporting various use cases.
- Collaborate with the IDR Modeling team and DBA team regarding optimal clustering and partitioning of data.
- Develop project estimates for database activities.
- Develop database design documentation such as data decompositions and data flow diagrams.
- Perform database, application and system architecture design.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining scripts to create appropriate roles for the application teams, implementing Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and Row and Column Level Security (RCLS) for the Oracle/Snowflake objects.
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert (SME) as required for design reviews and technology and tool selection.
- Keep current on database systems and features, 3rd party tools, and industry standards.
- Create and execute scripts for various database maintenance activities.
- Provide guidelines for development and production environments.
- Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases
- Develop archival, backup and recovery strategy.
- Plan, perform and monitor database backups.
- Perform database recoveries as appropriate.
- Serve as escalation point for database issues.
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts required.
- Capable of supporting and implementing technology projects as the primary DBA in support of business initiatives.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal associates and external customers.
- Diagnose database problems and implement solutions