Our client, a renowned Orthopaedics Hospital, is looking for a Digital Applications Lead who specializes in React Native, and AWS. This is a contract to hire role that is fully remote. The Digital Applications Lead will be a key contributor for consumer-facing, patient-facing, and internal applications developed and maintained by the Digital Solutions team. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop our cross-platform Digital Front Door, guide the integration with other digital assets within the organization (e.g. our electronic medical record, website, third party solutions, etc.) and to iteratively improve upon the patient experience in meaningful ways. As a Digital Applications Lead you'll lead a team of full stack developers, collaborate with product managers, designers, 3rd parties and other stakeholders throughout the entire development life-cycle who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our patients globally.Responsibilities
- Develop and improve mobile and web code base for patient-facing applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated unit tests across the product functionality.
- Lead technical backlog grooming.
- Participate in platform architecture designs
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Lead scrum teams and manage prioritization, resource allocation, tasks and projects
- Work closely with all members of the Product and DevOps teams - designers, technical architects, integration engineers, AWS engineers, site reliability engineers, Epic analysts, Digital and operational leadership to execute on the product vision and track project completion.
- Collaborate with the UI/UX teams to ensure final products are user friendly
Collaborate with integration engineering team to develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
Provide timely updates to project management resources and ensure project timelines are met
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years minimum of experience as a senior level software developer.
- Experience working on AWS.
- Experience integrating, building & deploying custom APIs for data exchange.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (Git preferred).
- Experience leading teams and building complex native mobile applications with agile and test-driven development approach.
- Deep understanding of architecture, design, and business processes.
Expertise working in large collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Proficient in Java or equivalent OO language such as .Net, C, etc. Minimum 3 years.
- Experience with Twilio.
Experience with MuleSoft.