Job Title: Mainframe Architect (In-Person Interviews only) Location: Des Moines, IA Duration: 6 Months+ Job Type: Corp to Corp / 1099 / W-2 Rate: $73.50/hr on C2C Notes : In-Person Interviews Only, Locals required. Job Description: DHS primarily has two environments: Legacy Cobol/CICS/IDMS/VSAM systems and client server/Web .NET systems. Most systems are centralized but there are distributed systems as well that are used in field offices and DHS owned and operated facilities. Many systems are home grown while some systems use third-party applications. The individual will Work with the business team to understand the business need and how the current code correlates to the same, document the system and 'to-be' status of what would be needed for the system to be rewritten in a client server distributed environment. DHS also has the need to operate, maintain and enhance current legacy systems while the distributed systems are being prepped for take over of the programs. This many times requires building bridges between legacy and work-in-progress distributed systems.
Skill Matrix Skill Required /Desired Amount of Experience Trace and document data flows by reading & analyzing JCL and COBOL Required 8 Years Trace and document data flows by reading and analyzing CICS definitions Required 8 Years Trace and document data flows by reading and analyzing IBM and 3rd party utility control cards, Easytrieve/Dyl280/Culprit type programs Required 8 Years Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in third party utilities, and other data manipulation products; in both business and functional Required 8 Years Create a document describing the data transformation for every data element over a specific period of time (daily, weekly, monthly). Required 8 Years Defining and documenting existing Business Processes Required 8 Years Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. etc. Required 8 Years Perform Mainframe programming with COBOL, VSAM, Panvalet, MVS JCL and PROCs. Required 8 Years Demonstrated ability to effectively use third party tools & system utilities. Required 8 Years Build solutions that cross multiple compute platforms (Mainframe CICS/Batch jobs and MS Windows servers) using batch processing techniques. Required 8 Years Implement data models as needed using VSAM datasets. Required 8 Years Trace and document data flows by reading SPSS-Mainframe code Highly desired 0 IDMS development skills a plus Highly desired 0 Previous experience with scheduling software Highly desired 0 Build Consumer and provider web services on the mainframe. Highly desired 0 Public sector experience as a technical leader or within a program area Highly desired 0 Demonstrated understanding of the client server environment, relational data modeling with SQL, code development/testing on the Windows .NET platform Highly desired 0 Experience working in Agile and Waterfall SDLC Required 0 Recruiter Details: Recruiter name: Krishna Contact Number: +1 Notes : In-Person Interviews Only, Locals required. About GSK Solutions Inc: GSK Solutions Inc is a leading information technology (IT) Services Company that specializes in providing complete consulting solutions and staff augmentation to its clients. We provide on-time, on-budget, and quality service to our clients and consistently meet their expectations. We are known for our superior execution on a sustained basis. GSK has been in the business of providing both commercial and custom product development services, including, Information Security, Software Development, Consulting and IT Audit. GSK implements highly critical and time-sensitive projects for their Fortune 500 clients located across the country.
- The role is more of a senior technical architect analyst and mentor to other developers.
- Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs and 3rd party utility control cards, Easytrieve, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
- Understanding, analyzing and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with the users and business teams to correlate the same with how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
- Create detailed documentation of system analysis that would become the basis for a system rewrite into client server .Net environment.
- Must complete assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
- Very clear, strong and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
- Prior Iowa DHS/Medicaid/Medicare Buy-in/Integrated eligibility experience would be a HUGE plus.