JOB TITLE: Transfer Center Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Medical Services
REPORTS TO: Emergency Medical Services Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Transfer Center Coordinator manages all processes related to the Transfer Center to include but not limited to Emergency Department, inpatient transfers, primary care office admissions, behavioral health admissions, and any other outside medical facility transfer.
- High School Diploma preferred
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Familiar with hospital operations
- Medical experience preferred
- Good verbal/communication skillsEXPERIENCE: Transfer Center background preferred, previous medical experience preferred.SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats with personnel at all levels within an organization.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats with customers and personnel at all levels within an organization
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships within the department as well as with customers
- Assumes responsibility for employee, physician, customer, and patient satisfaction related to Transfer Center processes
- Coordinates and integrates human and material resources to efficiently provide customer service delivery to support the Transfer Center functions.
- Maintains knowledge of the daily call schedule and contacts appropriate providers and personnel based on the request of the provider calling transfer center
- Answers phone call properly and promptly by identifying yourself and Cody Regional Health as the facility
- Ability to manage multiple task simultaneously
- Demonstrates skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making.
- Designs process improvement initiatives to improve overall functions within the Transfer Center.
- Ensures Quality Reviews to include documentation, telephone call recordings, and general staff interaction with customers are conducted and maintained
- Concurrently investigates and troubleshoots service gaps and process issues, and helps bring issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensures quality and performance metrics are maintained at all times within department functions
- Maintain a professional appearance of the approved uniform and dress code in accordance to the CRH-EMS Uniform Policy.
- Serves as a personal and professional role model and mentor for staff
- Provides information and assistance to patients and visitors and interacts with all patients and personnel
- Greets patients and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner. Presents a positive image while directing patients, visitors and staff to appropriate areas.
- Monitors security cameras and initiates security procedures based on current policies in Policy Tech
- Make contact with regional facilities daily to update Cody Regional Health receiving status
- Receive and dispatch EMS transfers promptly both internally and externally
- Receives request from internal departments for assistance from EMS and dispatches personnel accordingly (Security/EMS)
- Receives and organizes inter-facility transfers for EMSSECONDARY FUNCTIONS
- Assist in community education/service activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.