Full timeThe Senior UX Designer works on a core team that serves as a consulting resource for the highest-visibility business application and platform projects. This individual must have a strong foundation in user-centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike. Our designers are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research to storyboarding and presenting mockups to internal clients. Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts.
This individual will take ownership of a domain to envision and craft conceptual frameworks, interaction design and the overall user experience of new products and major enhancements – ensuring that it is all optimized for efficiency and clarity. Works closely with development teams, product owners and end users to synthesize our ideas and needs into user-focused designs. This individual must be able to understand constraints quickly and be able to both produce and communicate creative design solutions.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Ensures effective involvement of end users in early product definition, rapid evolution of design concepts and formal evaluation and usability testing.
- Conducts contextual inquiry with end users and documents findings for collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Creates storyboard and workflow documents that communicate the overarching experience of multi-step interactions .
- Generates low and mid-fidelity concept mockups to solve identified user needs .
- Instills a disciplined approach to developing a consistent, rational user experience .
- Works with p artners and stakeholders across the organization to support the development and productization of design ideas .
- Supports design decisions with research, data and best practices .
- Serves as a mentor and coach to less experienced designers.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Proven track record of applying common User- Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems .
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies .
- Excellent presentation and communication skills .
- Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, or a related field . Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in web user interaction or user experience design, ideally in complex data, collaboration, workflow, and document management products for enterprise users .
- Experience working on enterprise software for legal , tax , or accounting professionals a plus.
- A demonstratable portfolio of work required.
Special Requirements :
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.