CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown’s Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.
The Plant Engineer must possess the desire and ability to manage maintenance and repair for all areas of the plant. As a member of the team, the Plant Engineer will be a partner in the Operations Division. The Plant Engineer’s role is to supervise and coordinate all plant maintenance personnel to attend an effective and efficient low cost plant operation.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Plant Engineer responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Design, implement and maintain preventive as well as predictive maintenance programs
- Oversee full wastewater treatment systems
- Prepare and administer department budget within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- Manage all processes and equipment to meet state & federal compliance requirements i.e. – air permits, WWT discharge permits, OHSA safety standards, etc.
- Maintain plant quality performance standards
- Able to manage and direct an engineering staff and workforce
- Facilitates and fosters a teamwork oriented philosophy
- Responsible for all of the engineering department safety related matters.
- Plans and Oversees Capital Expenditure items including equipment purchases, contracted labor and in-house construction and fabrication projects
- Provide on and off-hour emergency response including; equipment repair, damage control, and assignment of support personnel as needed
- Facilitates and supports EHS programs such as hazardous waste disposal programs
- Provides necessary training to new and existing employees
- Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today’s new laws and efficiency standards
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s level degree in Engineering or related discipline and 3-5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with modern equipment maintenance (TPM), high speed forming presses, electrical, chilled water systems, compressed air systems, building maintenance, wastewater treatment, printing presses and curing ovens
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills – managing supervisors and hourly PM&R
- Ability and desire to work in a team oriented environment
- Experience in capital project management, handling vendors and contractors
- Experience in managing repair expense budgets
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a plant preventative maintenance program
- Demonstrated ability, experience and understanding of CMMS, work orders and storeroom/spare parts processes
- Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide additional support
- Packaging industry experience
- Certification in Six Sigma (Green, Black or Master Black Belt) desirable
- Skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as various CAD software
- Proven problem solving skills and experience using analytical approaches to problems
- Project management experience
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects to completion
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team environment using collaborative methods
- Must be committed to ongoing personal training and development
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Will be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting in a plant environment as well as in an office
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
- The noise level is frequently loud
Possible Equivalent Military Titles
- Chief of Operations and Plans; Communications Manager; Aerospace Engineer; Combat Engineer; Electrical Engineer; Electronics Engineer; Life Scientist; Marine Engineer; Flight Engineer; Aircraft Launch and Recovery Specialist; Crew chief
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers.
0 - 10%