Sunlight Federal Credit Union
POSITION TITLE: Agricultural/ Commercial Loan Officer
POSITION REPORTS TO: CCO
The Agricultural/ Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for building relationships and interviewing applicants for commercial business and agricultural loans, this includes loans for operating, equipment, livestock and farm and business and real estate. The position will also assist with consumer lending activities as required or needed. The Ag Loan Officer will assist prospective borrowers with loan applications and required loan forms, gather background information and analyze loan applicant’s credit history in order to determine customer financing objectives, advice customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The Ag Loan Officer ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies. Responsible for ongoing marketing of all Sunlight products and services including loans, deposits and other services.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or as needed to complete work and meet deadlines
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of all functions and duties.
a. Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
b. Meet with and interview applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
c. Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
d. Explain to members the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the term of those services.
e. Ensure that applicant is a current member of Sunlight Federal Credit Union.
f. Obtain and compile copies of all needed and required documentation, including but not limited to: historical balance sheets and income and expense records, credit histories, financial statements, proof of income and other financial information. Verify debts and assets and complete analysis of projected income and expense records. Complete farm and business financial statements, income and expense projections (cash flow), and ratio analysis.
g. Make or arrange annual or more frequent farm and business visits as required or needed to monitor the condition of the collateral and borrower.
h. Present completed loan applications to loan committee and / or the Board of Directors as necessary for recommendation and approval.
i. Complete loan contracts, acting as a liaison between the member and Sunlight Federal Credit Union.
j. Close or arrange closing of approved loans, making sure that all documents are properly executed and completed. Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy. After ensuring that a loan file is complete and accurate, file for loan processor to file down. It is the responsibility of the loan officer to ensure that each loan processed by the loan processor is processed accurately; checking if properly documented, closed, disbursed, coordinated and filed.
k. Maintain and review account records, updating loan files as needed.
l. Go over negative credit histories and recommend solutions to ameliorate financial situation. Work with members to identify their financial goals and help them to find ways to reach those goals. Counsel members on personal financial problems.
m. Work with members who are behind on their payments for current loans and help them avoid defaulting on their loans.
n. Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans. Market credit union products to individuals and businesses, promoting services that Peoples Credit Union offers that may meet their needs.
o. Keeps members informed of all Credit Union services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates for loans and consumer accounts, and other related services. Maintain knowledge of competitors’ rates, terms etc., as well as trends related to lending, so recommendations for lending rates can be made. Maintain knowledge of prices of all agricultural commodities and the price of inputs including seed, fertilizer, insecticide and fuel.
p. Ensure lien searches are conducted and maintained as necessary to guarantee proper lien position. Maintain up-to-date inventories of all agricultural collateral including crops, livestock and machinery.
q. Strive to maintain a professional level of competence through various training resources including but not limited to in-house training, seminars, meetings, videos and monitoring of developments in the financial market place.
r. Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
s. Follow all policies and procedures, making every effort to ensure positive audits and exams.
t. All other duties assigned.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
a. Assists area personnel as required.
b. Keeps CCO informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
c. Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
d. Attends meetings as required.
3. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Performs related clerical duties as required.
1. All functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
2. Loans are completed in accordance with all State, Federal and Credit Union requirements, policies and procedures.
3. Good business relations exist with members. Members' problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
4. Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Loan Officers and staff as needed. CCO is appropriately informed of area activities.
5. Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
6. The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain positive, effective public relations under conditions where pressure or stress may exist.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a many variables.
- Ability to choose the right mathematical methods and formulas according to what is needed.
- Sales and marketing ability - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products and services.
- Member Service standards - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent member service. This includes member needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of member satisfaction.
- Economics and Accounting ability - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English language ability – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Mathematics ability – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Multiple locations
- Ops Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented supportive and fairness-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift