Position: AssistantCommunity Manager
Category: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Supervisor: Community Manager
Hours: Typical range of hours is based on the Community needs and may require weekends and after hour emergency services. Workdays may be adjusted based on Community needs. Full Time: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day (average 40 hours).
Physical Demands: Medium (occasional up to 25 pounds) - Climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, etc.
Drug Screens: Pre-employment, post injury, reasonable suspicion and possible random screens.
UV Residential is committed to creating a better way to live in the multifamily real estate business. We are dedicated to delivering excellence in apartment living, designed as urban village communities that residents are proud to call home. UV Residential develops, redevelops, acquires, and manages apartment communities in the leading metropolitan areas in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We are committing to growing our organization through attracting, developing, and retaining superior talent who emulate the UV Residential values.
Do you have exceptional skill in making those around you feel welcomed and cared for? Do you enjoy attention to detail and the feeling of accomplishing incredible feats at the end of the day? If yes, you’ll love our Assistant Community Manager position! It’s the perfect blend of interacting with people and ensuring operations runs efficiently. If you have a bubbly, friendly personality, and the administrative chops to get things done, then this job is for you!
Knowledge / Skills / Ability:
- Ability to evaluate and fulfill community common area and amenity needs, attention to detail and dedication to maintain the community.
- Ability to independently establish priorities, manages time effectively, and fulfills assigned objectives and projects.
- Ability to respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and internet.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills, and ability to work well with onsite staff, customers, supervisors, corporate office associates and vendors.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, comprehend, speak and read in English. Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to comprehend legal documents and carry out related rent collections and lease management.
- Intermediate level math skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms and To support contract enforcement, including collections.
General Summary of Associate Responsibility:
- To support and assist all aspects of the community operations, while reporting to and acting under the direction of the Community Manager.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A minimum of one (1) years of experience as an on-site Leasing consultant or Assistant Manager in multi-family housing, hospitality or similar industry.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. College education, CAM or ARM certification preferred.
- The Assistant Manager supports the Community Manager and assists in supervising all community associates
- Residential Standards
- Entering all monies and bookkeeping of electronic payments
- Enter new move-ins, move-outs, renewals, and rentable items into Resman
- Managing delinquency by sending 3 days, small balance letters & submitting eviction cases to attorney’s office as needed
- Assists and/or supports leasing and marketing standards including telephone marketing, greeting prospective residents, gathering prospect information, setting appointments, showing ready and model apartments, generating quotes, closing and securing deposits, and assisting the prospective residents with rental application completion and credit verification processes.
- Assists in preparing all paperwork specific to new and renewal lease agreements.
- Recommend rental rate adjustments or concessions to the Community Manager necessary to increase rental activity.
- Prepares security deposit disposition reports and any other reports requested by the Community Manager.
- Accounting month end reporting
- Reviews resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicates with residents regarding outstanding balances, implements procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforces the lease to maximize revenue.
- Assists in organizing community resident activities, preparing newsletters and maintaining resident loyalty and retention programs.
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the community.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Community Manager.
- Community Inspections and Quality Assurance Review
- Prepares move in gifts and places them in the make ready apartments prior to move in; conducts final inspections and confirms completion of all service requests on or before scheduled move-in dates.
- Researches and shops the competition a minimum of one time per quarter to ensure that rental rates, concessions, security deposits etc., align with market conditions.
- Inspects clubhouse, office, amenities and models, and other common areas on a daily basis to ensure they are prepared according to standards.
- Participates in immediate litter pick up from community exteriors and common areas to maintain community appearance standards.
- Financial Performance
- Collects, posts, and deposits rents/security deposits and other community income on a daily basis.
- Supports the Community Manager in meeting budgeted occupancy, collections, and expenses.
UV Residential offers a competitive compensation package including monthly and quarterly bonuses, health, vision, dental and life insurance, and a discounted rent program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Bonus Pay
- on-site Leasing consultant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented quality and precision-focused
- Innovative innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Only full-time employees eligible