Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Office Support person to assist with day-to-day operations. We are a critical infrastructure engineering, manufacturing and support company for automation serving the critical infrastructures of water and wastewater. We are a drug-free workplace as required per federal contracting rules and all employees are subject to testing.
The position is responsible for administrative tasks relating to purchasing and Accounts Payable, a variety of general administrative tasks and some marketing responsibilities
Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Office Support person to assist with day-to-day operations with primary administrative tasks relating to purchasing and accounts payable. This position also encompasses a variety of other general administrative tasks including editing engineering documents and reception. You will love working with us if you are self-motivated, comfortable working independently to fulfill a task, enjoy working as a team member to complete a project and are excited about having a significant and direct impact on our business.
Required Competencies include:
Bookkeeping using Quickbooks accounting software
MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Important Personal Attributes include:
Punctual and reliable
Attentive to detail
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist with the reception area and telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
2. Carry out administrative activities related to purchasing such as purchase order entry, maintaining the purchase order log and upkeep of order status, verifying due dates and receipt of product, coordinating occasional RMA’s for returns or repairs, occasional quoting and purchasing duties and keeping the filing system up-to-date and organized.
3. Perform Accounts Payable functions including invoice data entry and discrepancy resolution, related filing duties and check runs and providing monthly accounting reports.
4. Process employee expense reports, issue reimbursements and maintain documentation.
5. A variety of administrative responsibilities on an as-needed basis such as keeping workplace posters current and archiving the engineering files once a project is completed.
6. Process O&M manuals for completed system projects including hard copy and electronic versions. Requires computer skills with Adobe file generation skills.
7. Provide support for shipping and receiving including documentation.
8. Cross-train and achieve competence with core Accounts Receivable functions.
9. Participate as needed in special projects and reports.
10. Collaborate with engineers to create and update marketing brochures, etc.
Our firm designs, programs, and manufactures electrical and computer-based control systems. We work on lots of interesting and unique projects throughout the Pacific Northwest, and our Office Support position provides various opportunities to carry out our mission. High integrity, a strong work ethic and a cooperative approach to meeting company goals are values exhibited in this company. The position encompasses diverse responsibilities. The individual must have the ability to prioritize their workflow across each area of responsibility and accommodate unscheduled interruptions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a phone, computer and office equipment. The employee frequently stands, walks, uses hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms. The employee must be able to handle incoming packages and lift products up to 20 pounds and carry for fifty feet.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is offered as a full-time position with standard office hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5pm. We are also receptive to this being filled as a part-time arrangement with an accounting focus if requested.
No travel out of the area is required for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
1) College education in order of preference:
a) Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, accounting, or marketing
b) AA degree with accounting experience
2) High School Diploma or equivalent Work Experience and Skills in order of preference:
a) Accounting services (receivables/payables)
b) Customer facing services (sales support, technical support, etc.)
c) Marketing (brochure development, sales development)
3) 2-years similar work experience
Required Technical Experience
1. Answer incoming phone calls, decipher customer needs and re-direct as needed.
2. Display excellent language skills in both written and verbal formats.
3. Bookkeeping services for maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers
4. Proficient with MS Office products: Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word.
5. Adobe portable document file creation and optimization for electronic documents.
6. Operation of office equipment including copiers, printers, scanners, computers.
7. Organization skills for logical and repeatable placement of diverse data.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
1. Proficient with Quickbooks Enterprise
2. Education or experience relating to Engineering, Manufacturing, Government Contracts or CAD/CAE are all beneficial.
3. Purchasing services (develop vendor relationships, quote and negotiate prices, etc.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employee social security number, name and identification (i.e. Passport, Drivers license) are submitted to Department of Homeland Security through E-Verify to validate employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. A 90-day performance-based evaluation period is used for all hiring. This position is on site, not online
Benefits and office conditions:
- Hours of operation - Monday through Friday - 8am to 5pm
- HSA Health Plan with employer contribution
- Vacation/Sick/ Holiday pay.
- Wage DOE.
Please apply by sending:
Cover letter explaining how your skills align with our advertised needs.
No phone calls or drop ins please.