The Director of Finance is responsible for administrative duties related to financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations, meeting organizational reporting requirements, benefits administration, soliciting and managing business partnerships, and the implementation of best fiscal practices to meet all fiduciary reporting requirements for GTA. This position also oversees the bookkeeping, audit, payroll administration, and personnel for the organization.
Salary Range: $70,000-$74,000 per year dependent on experience. Housing availability.
Examples of Major Duties:
- Solicit, manage, and maintain GTA business relationships including but not limited to insurance, banking, and investment partners.
- Administer and monitor employee benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental insurance, and retirement program.
- RFP on a rolling basis, major business partnerships.
Financial and Accounting Management
- Oversee all bookkeeping and accounting activities.
- Oversee online payroll records for all GTA and GTA-paid partner employees
- Oversee the annual external financial audit.
- Maintain working knowledge of current generally accepted accounting principles and industry-specific account principles, including fund accounting, generally accepted auditing standards, and industry best practices.
- Coordinate accounting functions for special events and activities.
- Create reports and analysis to meet timelines for annual reporting documents including but not limited to functional expense location, Form 990, NPS-1040-, annual audit, and annual report.
- Complete all required reports within established deadlines for 100% compliance with local, state and federal requirements, including but not limited to: employment tax filings, Workers' Compensation, Unemployment, W-2/W-3, 1099/1096, 941, Wyoming sales tax and agency reports.
- Review and analyze profit and loss by sales locations, financial dashboard, cash position spreadsheets, budget and quarterly agency reports.
- Produce special reports as requested by ED and Board of Directors.
- Quarterly or upon request, determine net income and expense for funds with donor restriction.
- Conduct operating and organizational analyses as directed by the board and ED to identify GTA business and financial improvement opportunities.
- Deepen and expand bench-marking data to implement long term study.
- Research and recommend investment and cash reserve policies and account target levels.
- Manage and evolve routine accounting, investment, and business processes to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory standards and achieve "best practices" within Public Lands Alliance and nonprofit sector.
- Work with ED and board treasurer to build business analytics, board budget reports, and agency quarterly reports.
- Integrate Point of Sales system with financial software, implement a new financial accounting program if appropriate.
Competencies and Qualifications
- A degree in accounting, business, organizational management or equivalent experience relevant to the position.
- Board relations and investment experience desirable.
- Demonstrated experience illustrating attention to detail, data analytical skills, and critical thinking as it relates to financial systems.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, prioritize, create own work plan, creatively problem solve, and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, G-Suite and ability to become proficient in new financial software
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the principles of confidentiality for position.
- Commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture, and a desire to grow in a culture of competence.
License and Certificates
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license during the course of employment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
At the completion of training and orientation period, some work may be completed remotely.
Must be capable of engaging in a variety of office-related physical activities.
If selected for an interview, phone call or video conference please note interviews will be arranged.
The expected start date is August 15th, 2020