Who is Trivium?
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving excellence through their commitment and drive and maintaining a focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together, our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking sustainable metal packaging solutions.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, is responsible for employee relations, product manufacturing, quality and efficiency of operations, planning and utilization of equipment, cost improvement and performance measurement to support the business plan and compliance with all legal requirements.
- Plans, organizes, and accomplishes goals and objectives of the Production Department.
- Manages production performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Direct production personnel including scheduling, time and attendance, policy and procedure administration and documentation in all areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures, supporting the positive release program and promoting quality within the department.
- Execute safety policies and practices and provides training, minimizing risk to personnel.
- Provide workflow management, planning, mechanic expertise and analysis and training necessary to operate the department in a clean, safe and productive manner.
- Balances safety, quality, morale, productivity, and cost to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage and coordinate production start-ups, shutdowns, changeovers, and troubleshooting activities including systematic resolution of problem, coordination of team, resources and communication of progress to appropriate management, always ensuring that the customer needs are met.
- Work closely with Human Resources to address and resolve personnel issues through problem resolution.
- Ensures effective employee relations as well as provides employee coaching and development.
- Communicate and motivate personnel to maintain and improve personnel performance through listening skills, meeting skills, appraisals, progressive discipline, goal setting and quality practices.
- Work closely with Quality, Maintenance and Plant Engineering to develop cost-effective product, tooling and other equipment improvements as needed.
- Assist with development and maintaining of standard operating procedures ensuring operations are within specification.
- Direct supervision of Production personnel.
- Internal and external communications, as needed, 24-hours a day to ensure proper operation of every aspect of the operation.
- Shall be competent and shall have appropriate education, training, skills and experience. They shall be fully conversant in BRC Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP Principle and BRC Food Safety Standard and Application.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate Degree in related field or five years of experience as a lead or supervisor in high volume manufacturing, including employee screening, performance review, counseling, training, and development
- At least seven years of mechanical/electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Measurement of performance to goals and standards
- Systems and continuous improvement orientation
- Inventory management
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- An ability to manage multiple priorities
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of inventory controls
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Applications, SAP, APL)
- Forklift certification and the ability to certify others
- Leadership – a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning – an ability to think ahead and prepare action plans to achieve results
- Judgment and Decision Making – considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Teamwork/Building Teamwork – Trust & Integrity – Excellence - Concern for Safety & Environment – Service Orientation – Results Orientation – Attention to Communication – Edge – Concern for Quality – Continuous Improvement – Development of People – Interpersonal Awareness
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
The information in this job description indicates only the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Minor changes in work assignment will not necessitate revision of this document.