ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Credentialed x-ray technologist, and maintains QI project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment and images.
- Instructs and prepares patients for radiographic and/or fluoroscopic examinations. Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure - makes appropriate physician/nurse contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes radiographs for a variety of examinations. Processes x-ray exams into the EMR computer system.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures. Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
- Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel. Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes checking with nurses’ stations.
- Knowledgeable of fire and safety regulations.
- Has knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of the other departments.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population. Sends images to PACS.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Certified by the State of Wyoming to practice and administer radiation.
- Current BLS certification, required.
- One year of experience under a Board Certified Radiologist.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
Department Specific Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.