Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Madison, WI
Travel (%): 10%
Duties and responsibilities of the Marketing Manager – Kid Trax, include managing the brand’s strategic growth through developing and maintaining a consistent positive image for the brand both online and offline. Supporting and assisting the Director of Marketing in all activities related to the brand.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Brand Marketing Responsibilities (30%)
- Assists Director of Marketing in building a 1-3 year marketing strategy that connects the passion points of our consumers with our brand, product, and corporate strategies and objectives.
- Defines, plans, and launches annual and seasonal campaigns and priorities for the business.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the brand, category, competitors, and consumers to ensure relevant insights to fuel all marketing elements.
- Manages internal and external partners to support the activation of integrated marketing plans. Establishing strong partnerships and processes with our internal teams (Creative services, PR, Sales, Retail, Product, Legal, Customer Service, and Finance) to effectively execute marketing campaigns.
- Tracks and manages brand business performance. Analyzes and reports key marketing metrics with a view to strengthening marketing plan / activities for the future.
- Manages the Kid Trax marketing budget, spending efficiently to achieve our marketing goals.
- Strategically assesses current activation of assets across media, experiential marketing, spokespeople, festivals, and event properties to identify strategic white spaces where our brand should be.
Kid Trax Ecommerce Merchant (30%)
- Define and execute our direct to consumer sales strategies for KidTraxToys.com.
- Work collaboratively with sales and product management to establish and manage the online assortment including establishing pricing.
- Build and execute digital marketing programs and campaigns to drive traffic and profitable sales on KidTraxtoys.com.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team on enhancing SEO and UX.
- Manages and executes the Email Marketing program delivering growth in email database and growth in sales conversion.
Content Marketing Duties (20%)
- Leads the creation and execution of consumer programs, campaigns, and annual high-profile product launches.
- Evaluates creative ideas and thinking with a critical eye and understanding of the brand equity, vision and strategic priorities.
- Manages the influencer program, seeking out, vetting, and selecting appropriate individuals to represent the Kid Trax brand.
- Develop content for the brand website; keeping in mind brand voice and consumer journey optimization.
- Maintain awareness of brand standards and guidelines, and make sure they are implemented for all assets before they are deployed to digital channels.
- Measures/analyzes performance of all web activity; including traffic, content views, and demographics, and provide insights and key learnings to affiliated teams.
Social Media & Digital Marketing (10%)
- Drives a holistic social media channel strategy that considers brand & product representation.
- Build and manage all aspects of multiple social media accounts, including community development and content creation.
- Create sharp, enticing content (including, but not limited to Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram Posts, Instagram stories, and short format videos) which engage the brand’s audience across social channels.
- Manage and implement a paid digital and social paid media advertising plan, using data, driven decision making.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to assist in better positioning and to help optimize strategy in real-time.
Other Duties Assigned (10%)
- Assist in presenting at key customer meetings on key Kid Trax initiatives.
- Plans, manages, and executes brand event activities nationally and locally
- Follows internal controls and company policies set by Pacific Cycle Inc. and Dorel Sports.
- Contributes to the success of Pacific Cycle Inc. by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- College education ideally with degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Masters study or degree a benefit.
- At least five years experience in marketing role with social media responsibilities.
- Experience in selling directly online
- Enthusiasm and energy for the position
- Passionate about marketing
- Outstanding communicator and writer
- Exhibit Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) computer skills
- Must have own transportation
- Will work on site during regular business hours
- Team player who enjoys working with others
- Outgoing and friendly
- Self-motivated and creative idea generator
- Proactive and takes action without being prompted
- Generates original ideas, encourages new ways of thinking, explores options, and develops innovative solutions
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Remains current in their area of expertise and serves as a resource in that area of the organization
- Change Agility
- Embraces needed change and modifies their behavior when appropriate to achieve organizational objectives
- Effective in the face of ambiguity
- Results Orientation
- Maintains an appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments
- Motivated by achievement, and persist until the goal is reached
- Conveys a sense of urgency to make things happen
- Respects the need to balance short- and long-term goals
- Skilled at directing, persuading, and motivating others
- Ability to flex their style to direct, collaborate, or empower, as the situation requires
- Ability to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty
A large percentage of work time is spent sitting. During events you may be on your feet for 5 or more hours. The noise level in the work area can be moderate.
Essential Physical Demands and Frequency
- Standing: Occasionally
- Driving: Yes
- Sitting: Frequently
- Bending: Occasionally
- Lifting: Occasionally up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Other: Traveling
- Twisting: Occasionally
- Other: Making Phone calls
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Dorel Sports is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.