At Retrospekt, we restore vintage items and electronics to look and perform as well as they did in their prime. Providing excellent customer service is one of the most crucial parts of helping our customers have a magical experience with their new analog treasures.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for interfacing with customers primarily via email and phone, but also via in-person interactions. The Customer Service Representative develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various departments to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Portraying a positive company image and engaging in professional and friendly communications with customers
- Processing orders via mail, telephone, email, or other employees
- Actively listening to customer needs and inquiries to determine appropriate service actions
- Managing the customer repair queue and facilitating the servicing of items in a timely manner
- Accepting and documenting incoming items or parcels
- Assisting colleagues and other employees with administrative duties
- Serving as the cashier and being primarily responsible for answering telephones, handling cashier transactions, stocking shelves, and performing other clerical duties
- Referring any customer questions regarding products or services to the appropriate person
- Establishing and maintaining customer profiles and preparing claim forms
- Maintaining inventory and informing the supervisor of stocking needs as needed
- Cleaning equipment and assisting with the maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Performing accurate company-required recordkeeping
- Efficiently and correctly corresponding with third-party providers to obtain payments
- Resolving customer problems, such as shipping or invoicing issues, etc.
- Informing customers of prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer; printing shipment documents; recording or filing copy of order received
- Following-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates
- Preparing receipts and shipping documents
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
We are looking for a positive, hard-working, and reliable individual with excellent oral and written communication skills to help our customers have a great experience. Candidates must have at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) to qualify for this position. Prior experience working with customers and the general public is preferred.
The Customer Service Representative must be able to accurately serve as a cashier if needed, including processing credit cards, making change, and other basic math skills. Being organized and a great multi-tasker is a must in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a curious spirit - someone who is eager to grow, ask questions, and learn new tasks. Being comfortable with hearing and applying constructive feedback is crucial. Since we are a small company that is always striving to grow and change for the better, we greatly value flexibility!
Self-motivated individuals will thrive in this role, as the nature of this position is rather independent once training has been completed. However, being able to work in a team environment and take direction from management and supervisors is also necessary.
Anyone who is passionate about photography, music, or vintage items (bonus points for all three) will have plenty to talk about around the water cooler.
If this description sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Wages, Hours, & Benefits
Wages for the Customer Service Representative position will be based on skill, experience, and education.
Retrospekt’s operating hours for all staff members are 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday. Applicants must be able to work 40 hours weekly in order to be eligible for this position. Evening and weekend hours are not available (except for the rare instance when our team is working to meet a tight deadline!). Retrospekt is closed for all major holidays.
For employees who consistently work 32 hours per week or more, Retrospekt offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 90 days of employment. Both part-time and full-time employees have the option of contributing to a Simple IRA retirement plan after 3 months of employment. All employees also accrue paid time off starting as soon as they begin working.
Essential Physical Functions of Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Retrospekt management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; move about our facility; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate.
To apply, please respond to this job listing with your current resume and a short intro about yourself.