Define and resolve plant maintenance problems to ensure continuity of operations
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Engineering and Reliability Manager, you will be the expert in defining and resolving plant maintenance problems to ensure continuity of operations. You will be part of a dynamic team that drives the oversees PSM and Improvement. Other duties will include:
- Demonstrates and/or leads the commitment to the pursuit of achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety. (Ensure SAO, JSA, Take 5’s, stretching, and all safety rules are being completed.)
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Live and foster the IPL Corporate Values.
- Manages the Site’s PSM Engineer, Draftsperson and Process Improvement Engineer and gives direction and development as necessary.
- Supports Manufacturing Excellence initiatives and ensures participation from all areas of responsibility.
- Mentors junior Engineers.
- Supports larger MOC’s, FI or Capex projects
- Assists Operations as needed.
- Prepares and delivers training.
- Leads the site process improvement effort. Responsible for modification and focused improvement projects through all phases of design, equipment and material specifications, contract preparations, construction and inspection of new or modified facilities.
- Troubleshoots and resolves existing plant performance problems. Assists with new plant startups.
- Reviews plant efficiencies and identifies potential improvements.
- Coordinates efforts of contractors working on engineering projects and capital projects with maintenance and production personnel taking into consideration safety, environmental and regulatory aspects of the job.
- Prepares CEP requests and provides necessary cost estimates and justification of projects.
- Conducts performance tests and prepares test reports.
- Participates in root cause analysis of equipment failures, process upsets, and hazardous chemical releases. Maintains engineering files, containing engineering drawings, equipment specifications, vendor information, etc.
- Prepares periodic reports indicating progress of projects assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or other technical related field)
- 5-10+ years’ experience required in chemical plant engineering projects, construction work, mechanical design, process design, project supervision, and economic analyses.
- Experience in ammonia and/or nitric acid manufacturing preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and PSM requirements preferred.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women are encouraged to apply.