ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Assists the Accounts Payable and Payroll functions and validates processes are following applicable IRS regulations and GAAP. Prepares reports which summarize company business activities within accounts payable and payroll areas. Works with staff from Supply Chain Management and Human Resource Management to ensure proper remuneration of payment for man-hours worked and services/products provided for the organization.
- Assists the accounts payable and payroll functions, ensuring vendors/contractors and employees are reimbursed for various services/products and man-hours on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll and accounts payable records by maintaining databases.
- Prepares payroll checks for distribution to employees on a bi-weekly basis for Sheridan Memorial Hospital. Modems information to the bank for those employees using Direct Deposit.
- Prepares accounts payable checks for distribution to vendors. Code invoices, confirm appropriate approvals and analyze account trends and routine transactions.
- Assists in preparing reports for the IRS and the Social Security Administration (941 and W-2s and 1099s), Workers Compensation, State Unemployment, etc. Calculates payroll taxes and electronically submits transactions to the bank in sufficient time to prevent IRS penalties for late payment – this includes multi state filings.
- Maintains a working knowledge of IRS and all other State and Federal regulations that may apply. Attends occasional education courses to keep current on regulations, changes, etc. Keeps current on generally accepted accounting principles.
- Serves as liaison with other department staff relative to questions/concerns regarding accounts payable, payroll/deductions.
- Assists with the garnishment activities that apply to employees, ensuring that accurate garnishments of salaries are applied as mandated.
- Complete all month end reports as required for payroll functions.
- Prepares for various external audits, ensuring compliance with applicable financial mandates regarding accounting of expenditures at this facility. Presents, as requested, financial information for consideration by Hospital Administration as well as the Hospital Board.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years’ experience in directly running payroll with multi- state experience desired.
- Minimum of two years’ experience processing accounts payable payments involving purchase orders desired.
- Experience in HR or Supply Chain helpful.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.