At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here. Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day The Senior Trust Officer has primary responsibility to ensure that the accounts assigned to that individual are properly administered, and to act as a resource for other members of the team. The officer will travel to and participate in presentations designed to educate internal and external partners on First Republic's Massachusetts and Delaware trust capabilities and help identify Massachusetts and Delaware opportunities, where appropriate. The officer will also represent FRTC in the community through membership in professional associations and play a significant role in the development of new trust business.
First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business
What you'll do as a Trust Officer:
- Carry out all account administrative duties either directly, if appropriate, or supervise activities conducted by others.
- Manage fiduciary risk while maintaining administrative and compliance
- Provide on-going training and guidance to administrative staff and delegate responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of SunGard operating
- Identify any issues or problems that arise and promptly bring them to management's
- Serve as mentor for more junior trust
- Participate in business development and marketing activities, including meetings with internal partners, COI's and clients.
- Deliver financial and estate plans during client meetings, when appropriate.
- Initiate meetings with COIs and prospects to help market our trust capabilities.
- Obtain committee approval for all new accounts in a timely manner and conduct initial reviews.
- Prepare timely annual reviews for all
- Communicate with account principals, beneficiaries, accountants and other third parties as required. Keep FRTC members informed about account administration or operational issues.
- Participate and contribute to departmental activities designed to streamline and improve the fiduciary account management process
- Enhance knowledge of trust, tax and related areas by participating in ongoing educational functions, including those offered by FRTC and those available from third
- Interact with other First Republic Bank members to expand their knowledge about
- Participate in training sessions to educate FRB colleagues regarding Massachusetts and Delaware
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions &
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Excellent communication skills, including new business presentation experience
- Undergraduate degree and Law degree required
- Ten plus years of experience in trust and estate administration.
- Strong technical skills in fiduciary administration and good working knowledge of estate, gift, GST and fiduciary income tax
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities without oversight, while maintaining attention to detail
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Must be able to travel in a moderate capacity.
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasioannouncedthat,effective December27, 2021,allprivate sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19toattendwork in the office. ReasonableMedical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you.Please view New York'sGuidance on Accommodations for Workersfor more information.