The law office of MacPherson & Thompson, LLC is looking for a skilled paralegal/legal assistant. Applicants should possess word processing skills and the ability to interact with the public. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer competitive salary, with paid sick leave, holidays and vacation, in addition to paid health insurance and retirement.
A qualified applicant will possess the following qualities:
- Interpersonal Skills - This position will require the ability to communicate with clients, other attorneys, and judges. Phone skills are a must.
- Computer/Tech Skills - It is highly important that an applicant be knowledgeable and skilled to operate computer programs necessary for legal work and electronic communication.
- Writing Skills - The position will require the ability to draft legal documents, communicate appropriately via email, and have a general understanding of proper grammar and punctuation.
- Adaptability - This position will require an individual who can adapt to fast-paced and time sensitive work.
- Time Management/Organization Skills - This position will require an individual who can manage projects and keep track of timelines and deadlines. The ability to calendar and organize office activity, organize physical and electronic files, and assist attorneys with their schedules and caseloads will be imperative.
- Detail-Oriented Work - This position will require an individual who is very detail-oriented. Legal writing and proceedings are extremely particular and often require a high degree of confidentiality, thus attention to detail and private information is highly important.
- Independence - This position will require the ability to work independently and at times with little direction. Confidence in independent work is key.
- Experience is a Must - Formal training or experience in paralegal or legal studies is preferred. Pre-law students/graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please include a resume, cover letter and references and submit to PO Box 999, Rawlins, WY 82301.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rawlins, WY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location