OVERVIEW Seeking a new challenge in Software Development? Have a strong design engineering background within cGMP environments? Apply to the position below! Our client, a leading Med Device company located in Northbrook, IL, is seeking a Sr. Software Design Engineer to be the SME for design and development of embedded software for Medical Device product lines. SUMMARY Title: Sr. Software Design Engineer Industry: Medical Device Focus: R&D - Firmware Location: Northbrook, IL Duration: 6 Month Contract-Hire RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing, testing, debugging an embedded software for medical devices
- Support design transfer to manufacturing sites.
- Develop and implement processes to establish functional and system performance of the software development lifecycle.
Generate software planning, SDLC, software requirements, design specification, architecture, software verification, and risk management.
Manage product development project deadlines.
- BS in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ Years of Experience working in firmware and architecture development
- Medical Device experience with design controls, risk assessments, and the 510K process
- C/C, Git, and Unit testing framework experience
- Basic understanding of electrical circuit and hardware design