This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of the News Group, specifically supporting the central elections processing and distribution system for ALL platforms of the Newsgroup Digital, Broadcast and Social. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will partner with the Product, Operations, Design, and Editorial teams to bring Digital content to life. You will be a significant influence on our product roadmap, bringing a technical and strategic perspective. You will work alongside fellow inspired developers in a fast-paced environment using technologies like Node.js, React.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap etc to help shape the future of digital news. This role will report to the Manager of Engineering, Elections Data. Position: Fullstack Java developer with React Job Location: Englewood, NJ Position Type: W2 Duration: Long term Responsibilities
- Experience working on managing and presenting Real time Elections Data from multiple providers and distributed internally using web sockets preferred.
- Work on the Existing codebases developed using Express, ReactJS, CoffeScript and Socket.io frameworks.
- Automate front end testing to ship the highest quality experience for our audience
- Write code and tests that are understandable and maintainable
- Debug effectively within their primary area to help find root cause
- Provide helpful, timely code reviews
- Able to identify problems with the product team and investigate potential causes.
- Makes informed decisions about which tools and solutions to use for specific problems
- Communicates effectively with non- technical peers
- Gives timely, helpful feedback to product and managers
- Able to suggest improvements to technology and tools and investigate implementations.
- Experience with version control and Cypress, Jest unit testing frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills, logical and creative thinking.