Role: Windows System Administrator Location: Providence, RI Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, update, upgrade and troubleshoot data center hardware, VMware hypervisors, Microsoft Windows operating systems, applications, and system software.
- Perform system administration corrective, preventive, and pro-active tasks to ensure all systems operate optimally.
- Manage system and network services including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, malware protection and data backup services.
- Assist in maintaining server and storage infrastructure security.
- Coordinate with vendor service personnel during installation, upgrade, repairs and other maintenance of data center facilities.
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience with maintaining enterprise data center compute and storage infrastructure
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience with deploying and maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and higher.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience with deploying and maintaining VMware vSphere/ESXi 6.7 and/or 7.x
- demonstrated experience with securing Windows Server and VMware vSphere/ESXi
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and management of firmware, operating systems, appliances, and applications.