Must submit COVER LETTER with RESUME to be considered for this position
Medical Assistant / Front Office Coordinator for Medical Office Urology - Spanish or Russian speaking preferred Surgery Experience Preferred - Manhattan What this Position Offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Full-time position
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity for growth to a management position
- Great and friendly work environment
- Opportunity to see patients get better - reward of helping othersThis job requires flexibility and availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed. Reliability is a must. Promotion is based on performance and initiative to solve problems.
We are looking for an independent 'problem-solver' minded individual who is capable of making everyone happy. Bilingual is a plus: Spanish / Chinese / Russian Growth Potential with Promotions for the Right Candidate
A urology practice is seeking an experienced medical office professional who can multitask and independently handle a variety of front-office, back-office and clinical tasks. An ideal candidate would also be able and willing to do medical assisting tasks as needed. Must be able to obtain medical history. This role is critical to creating a positive first impression for the practice. Your caring and positive attitude will have a significant impact on patient loyalty and their relationship with the practice.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends. We are a smoke-free and drug-free organization.
An ideal candidate would understand that this is as much a front desk position as it is a sales position as the ability to communicate with prospective patients for them to choose us is critical to business success. The employee should be able to manage and follow up on all patient requests. Prior successful sales experience is beneficial.
We are looking for an experienced healthcare professional. An ideal candidate would have experience with the following skill set:PRIMARY FUNCTION:
- Experience with front office duties.
- Experience in benefit eligibility including out-of-network benefits, preauthorizations, surgical authorizations or billing. medical billing and collection practices
- Experience with surgical scheduling
- Sales Oriented
- Pleasant and professional phone manner.
Must be comfortable handling urine specimens and blood specimens.
Follow HIPAA rules; be able to confidentially discuss private medical issues with male and female patients such as sexual health and urinary incontinence in a professional manner.
Your duties will include explaining our medical services; schedule appointments, answer and return calls from potential and existing patients. Document all interactions in EMR (electronic medical records). Check-in patients, verify insurances, pre-certify and schedule tests (CT, MRI, etc) and surgeries with insurance companies. Schedule hospital surgeries. Submit medical billing information; collect patient payments.Responsibilities:
- Greeting our patients and directing the flow of the facility including the office and surgical practice area
- Enters patient demographics in system
- Collects co-pays and past balances at time of check-in and enters into the batch for the day
Ideally, you have experience with medical assistance for procedures such as cystoscopy, urodynamics, uroflow.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Includes base salary plus performance based incentives.
Please include a cover letter detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to this position. This will significantly improve your chances of employment in our practice.