Effectively check guests into and out of the resort by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Assists guests with deposit of guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Nightly bucket checks
- Able to listen and find solutions to guests problems
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.